Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Weigh In

ANSWERED

I am weighing myself every Monday morning and I am going to log my results each weigh for accountability and support. Please feel free to join in.

Start weigh                   125.5 kg 14/12/2015

Now                              124.2 kg 11/01/2015

Loss this week             200g

Loss to date                 1.3kg

"Slow and steady wins the race"

Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. HOPE. LOVE. WISH. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of focusing on how far you have to go.
Best Answer
2,723 REPLIES 2,723

Hi all.

Well, I can't say I'm happy with the results, but I understand where it came from...  I'm up 1.5 lbs this week!!  😞  The easter cream eggs and chocolate everywhere got the best of me.  I ran 3 x, but they do say, you can never 'out exercise' a bad diet.  The silver lining is that I'm still down from the starting line, and I'd likely be up if it wasn't for this group!  So, sent all 'available' chocolate to work with hubby this morning, and onto a new week!

Everyone's ups and downs are really keeping me going.  Thank you!!!

SW - 193.8 - March 20  First day of spring! 

192.7 - March 27th, one step in the right direction.

192.8 - April 5th.  Same... close enough! 

191.8 - April 10th  Down, yay!!!!

CW - 193.1 April 18th  boo...

Total down .5 lbs.

MiniGW - 189

UGW - 160

Best Answer

Hang in there @jlow. It sounds like you are doing all the right tings to get back on track...good luck for the coming week 🙂

Best Answer

@Dominique  Thank you once again for taking the time to respond. I'll carry on as I am for now! I more or less guessed right, but was curious to know more, so thank you!

Best Answer

@tamado - I love seeing your posts because they give me a good preview of what it's like to maintain. Theoretically, I know how to maintain because that's what I did before I gained weight 6 years ago, but I think this time will be different, at least for the first year or so, as I ease back into my normal weight. Do you weigh yourself each day? I know right now I can't do that or I'll start obsessing about the numbers. But, as I get close to my goal, I may start doing so just to see what my daily fluctuations are. 

@Kimbur96 - it seems that you are doing everything right, though it's so frustrating when the scale doesn't move - I totally get it! I weigh in tomorrow and I'm pretty certain that I'll either not lose anything or even gain because of a couple of reasons - I lost a bunch last week, a lot of water weight came with that loss, so my body will probably re-hydrate, the Easter goodies I ate on Sunday, and, the expected monthly hormonal fluctuations. This happened to me before. I try to prepare myself, but it's not always easy to accept, though it does get easier once you've been at this long enough and learn your body's ups and downs. The best you can do is to just stay the course. If you are confident in your calorie deficit (logging everything properly, using food scale, know your estimated daily caloric expenditure), then the fat is coming off! And, sooner or later (let's hope for sooner!) the scale will absolutely reflect that. 

@jlow - a lot of that Easter gain is water weight, so that should come off quickly enough! I myself ate more than my plan calls for during the Easter festivities, but that's how I decided to treat holidays - I enjoy them, eat what I want (within reason - no binging, just eat like a regular, healthy person) and move on. I find this to be more sustainable for me in the long run, even if it means that I don't reach my goal weight as quickly. The key is to move on after the holidays and get back on the proverbial horse, and seems like you did just that by sending away all that holiday candy! Good luck this coming week!

Best Answer

@Dominique wrote:

I’m currently reading a book that advocates reduction in steps of max. 10% / 3 months increments, with maintenance phases as long as the previous weight loss phase. So if you started at 300, you would lose 30 in three months or so, then maintain at 270 for another three months, then lose 27 in x months, then maintain at 243 for x months etc. I know this goes against what the most successful dieters here have been doing (100 in one year, or even less than that), and it would definitely be much slower.

@Dominique -- what book is that? I read an article on MFP the other day with similar advice and my Doctor suggested I stop at about 15% to avoid pushing my body into starvation mode. I guess the theory is that your body is more likely to develop a new "set point" at your new weight if you only drop about 10% in 3 months and then consciously try to maintian that weight for 3 months before trying to lose again.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

Monday weigh in 4/17/2017 loss 2 pounds which brings me down from 179. To 163.2 for a total of 15.8 in eight weeks.. woot- woot! 😊:hundred_points:🐢🚶‍:female_sign:🏃‍:female_sign: Getting there with my goal being 138.

Best Answer

Good morning!

I did not over eat at Easter, but I did not under eat either!  I am just glad the weight that is gone is staying gone!

Thank you again for the continued good and healthy vibes!

SW January 31- 79.8

March 28- 78.5

April 4-78.6

April 11- 77.9

CW April 19- 78

GW------70

Best Answer

Missed Monday on account of having to say goodbye to my fur-ball but here are Monday's numbers. I hit sub-190 this week (it will fluctuate up and down throughout the week but should start staying out of the 190's).

Starting weight: ~241+ lbs
Current weight: 189.4 lbs
Last week's weight: 191.4 lbs
Weight lost this week: -2 lbs
Total weight lost: 51.6 lbs

Weight left to lose: 29.4 lbs
Mini-goal: <180 lbs
Goal weight: ~160

Best Answer

Start:            253 lbs

Last Week:  151.4 lbs

This Week:  151.4 lbs

Change:       0 lbs

Total Loss:  - 101.6 lbs

Goal :           125

Mini Goal:    141 lbs - I will be considered "normal weight" according to BMI charts

As I expected, the scale didn't move today (although the fat % did go down - yay!). I lost 3 lbs last week, so it still averages out to 1.5lb loss per week, which is great and is actually more than my target of 1lb per week. Also, I am retaining water due to monthly hormonal shifts. Though, if I am going to be completely honest, I've also started slacking on water intake. I need to step up my game in that department. I'll make it my goal for this upcoming week - at least 3 liters of water daily, with ideal amount being 4 liters. It's been especially difficult getting enough water because it's been raining pretty much constantly around here. I just don't feel like drinking when I see water all around me!

Best Answer

@Baltoscott wrote:

@Dominique wrote:

I’m currently reading a book that advocates reduction in steps of max. 10% / 3 months increments,

@Dominique -- what book is that?

@Baltoscott: it’s an ebook called Understanding Healthy Eating. The description on the site doesn’t do it justice. For instance, it doesn’t bother to mention its authors, nor when it was published (2016). So here you are: its coauthors are Dr. Mike Isreatel (PhD in sport physiology), Dr. Jennifer Case (PhD in sport nutrition) and Dr. Trevor Pfaendtner (doctorate in ostheopathic medicine). In addition to their academic credentials, all have a background in competitive powerlifting, bodybuilding and/or martial arts. You can have a pre-taste of the book via the following two-part podcasts with one of the coauthors (Mike Israerel), which is how I learned about it:

https://youtu.be/JK8I0kpQDhg

https://youtu.be/nFz3Jo2SKGo

What I liked about the book is it doesn’t try to sell you on any particular diet (in fact, it argues there are many possible ways to eat for health) and it’s very much science-based (there are tons of references to serious studies, almost all of them from PubMed).

Regarding the approach to weight loss I mentioned earlier (doing it in steps with breaks in between), Mike Israetel has a short separate video (7 minutes) where he explains the rationale behind it:

https://youtu.be/tVPlPM0d7eQ

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Start Weight on March 6, 2017: 155
March 13, 2017: 149

April 20, 2017: 155
Goal Weight: 140
Height: 5' 8"

I thought I could skip a day, and get right back on track. Somehow, weeks have passed and I have gone in the wrong direction. So, I'm starting to log my food again today, no more excuses, and will weigh in and report every Monday. 

Best Answer

@Dominique, I just watched the "Losing all your weight at once" video and it really leaves me scratching my chin.  I by no means have the scientific data to refute his video and I definitely like that he promotes sustainable and sensible loss but the information regarding deficits and intermediate goals is contrary to my experience thus far.   As I have said many times, I am working to understand what's happening with my body so I still feel vulnerable.  When I watch videos like this I wonder how at risk I am for a rebound.  The thing is, I eat a TON of food as long as I keep it healthy, I have endless energy and my cravings are extremely manageable (I have my moments but nothing compared to the beginning or when I quit nicotine 10 years ago).

For example, here's my day yesterday:
-Got up at 1:30 AM (baker).  

-I went to work and had forgot to setup my smoothie so I grabbed a handful of chicken and spinach and got to work.  

-I put on about 15k steps at work and went home around 6:30 and threw breakfast in the oven.

-Breakfast casserole (crustless quiche): Eggs (probably around 8, used liquid egg), spinach, kale, onion, green pepper, mushroom, about a cup of ground beef (cooked taco meat), topped with four strips of cut up bacon (pre-cooked) and cheese.  I throw this in the oven, have a bath and it's done when I get out of the tub.

-Prep supper (ribs on the smoker)

-I went on a delivery run for a couple of hours and a few thousand more steps.  I came home hungry and ate the other half and an apple.
-Hour of yoga

-1.5 hour nap

-Snack - handful of nuts and an apple

-walk back to work (a little over half mile)

-worked for an hour or two, came home to finish off supper

- Supper: A full rack of smoked ribs, homeade chicken noodle soup and a large salad (at 5 pm)

-2 mile walk with my wife

-hour on the couch winding down with my wife and kids.  A couple of ounces of whiskey on the rocks with a couple episodes of Community.

So, you see nutrition, but lots of food.  You see a lot of activity (over 30k steps yesterday).  No lethargy, I am maintaining a healthy weight so far and extremely happy doing so.

Thoughts?

Best Answer

@Makalei, welcome back.  It's so easy to derail and get back into bad habits.  Committing to accountability is a great step towards success, I look forward to seeing your posts.

Best Answer

Hi everyone.

Starting weight  310 lbs

01.01.2016 - 310 lbs

05.31.2016 - 280 lbs

11.01.2016 -280 lbs

01.01.2017 - 295 lbs

02.01.2017 - 286 lbs

03.01.2017 - 283 lbs
03.22.2017 - 273 lbs

03.30.2017 - 270.5 lbs
CW 04.21.2017 - 275 lbs
So I gained about 5 lbs.
Which is not bad since for the last 3 weeks I worked out only 5 times.
I had my wedding on April 8th and mom is over from Europe.
So a lot of drinking and home (mom) cooked meals. 🙂
She is leaving Monday though so will do some cleanse.
Well at least until we go for our honeymoon which is on April 29th.
After that will get back on track.
I promise 🙂
Thanks everyone and you all are doing awesome

Best Answer

earlier post reposted in error and now deleted...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here I am again for my weekly weigh in.

Starting weight, (Fri March 24 2017) 163lbs

(Fri March 31 2017) 160.5lbs

(Thurs 6th April 2017) 160.5lbs

(Fri 14th April 2017) 160.2lbs

Today (Fri 21 April, 2017) 157.6lbs

Loss/ Gain -2.6lbs this week

So 5.4lbs off so far...

Short-term goal weight 153lbs

Goal weight 130lbs

I am delighted to finally have a result on the scales. I have no idea why it happened this week and not the last two. I am just doing the same every day! I was optimistic it would start to show eventually as I feel more 'right' in myself somehow. I have tried so many ways to lose weight the last few years and this way feels simpler. I love it that I am making my own choices and not following someone else's recipe for success 🙂

Best Answer

@Dominique -- thanks for all the links in your response.  I enjoyed listening to the podcasts; lots of good info.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

@tamado- I actually do kind of get what he's saying.  Maybe it's because I came from a different place than you did (ie. after 100+ pounds I still have that much to lose) but I do somewhat get what he's saying.  I believe I've taken enough diet breaks that I haven't really affected my metabolism, but to be honest I'm kind of tapped out.

Now, some of this may have been from an insanely busy challenge I was in that ended last week.  Over a couple of days I got new badges (30K-50K).  Or it could be that I've been busier at work (weekends, over time, etc), erratic sleep patterns, but I haven't fallen back into the routine of meal planning and such.  I was in the car today kind of mentally planning what I need to do this weekend and I'm somewhat overwhelmed.  I should have either worked this weekend, or plan to work next weekend, but I don't really want to.  I need to, but need to focus on the house and garden for a couple of weeks.

The good thing is that I haven't gone completely out of control, and may even end up minutely lighter tomorrow than last Sunday.  This tells me that I've idled long enough that I'm still burning plenty of calories, but his comment about lower NEAT is kind of valid for me at the moment.  I may decide that starting tomorrow not to focus on the steps at all and work on my projects for a couple of weeks.

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

@Makalei- I always encourage people to post each week, up or down.  I know some will say that they'll post when they've lost the gain.  You just want to watch that the time doesn't get away from you.  So, welcome back.

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

CW - 247 -2     8 WEEK AVERAGE -1.125 LBS (-9)  USW - 363 3/9/16

PW - 249 -9

PW - 258 +10

PW - 248 -0

PW - 248 -3

PW - 251 -2

PW - 253 -0

PW - 253 -3

In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.
Best Answer