Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Weigh In

ANSWERED

I am weighing myself every Monday morning and I am going to log my results each weigh for accountability and support. Please feel free to join in.

Start weigh                   125.5 kg 14/12/2015

Now                              124.2 kg 11/01/2015

Loss this week             200g

Loss to date                 1.3kg

"Slow and steady wins the race"

Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. HOPE. LOVE. WISH. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of focusing on how far you have to go.
Best Answer
2,723 REPLIES 2,723

Starting weight:
1st Jan 2017 142kg (313lbs)

10th Mar 2017 126.9kg (280lbs)
16th Mar 2017 126.3kg (278.5lbs)
23rd Mar 2017 123.9kg (273lbs)
1st Apr 2017 123.3kg (272lbs)

10th Apr 2017 122.5kg (270lbs)

Target weight:
100kg (220lbs)

I've lost 19.5kg (43lbs)!

The rate of loss has slowed, but I don't care; loss is loss. 

Exercise is increasing. I did my first ever parkrun on Saturday (29 minutes and 1 second - I was blown away by that time!).

I'm off to the gym in a few minutes.

Mediterranean Diet is now established as my thing.

A friend told me today that for the first time ever, I look younger than my age, rather than much older. 

Life is good!

Ultimate Goal: Mens sana in corpore sano
Best Answer

Start 265 lbs 09/27/2015
This Week 159.2 04/10/2017

Last week 160.0 04/03/2017

Maintenance mode

Loss Range 105 lbs +/- 5 lbs

Well, said I wanted to gain a bit and here we go I guess.  I have been intentionally eating some extra the past few weeks and it's showing up.  I am going to ease off and eat lean and a little light this week to see if I can hold steady and make sure I use what I've added to make muscle.  I'm trying to learn how all of this works as I go.  Lot's of reading and a little voodoo it seems.
I tried hot yoga for the first time last week.  Holy crap did I sweat, I loved it.  I want to try to find time again this week.  I see the group kind of blew up, lots of new names and faces are good to see.  Welcome to all the newcomers.  Please come weekly and share honestly, that's what we're here for.

Best Answer

Start                 128.5kg

Last week        118.7kg

This week        118.5kg

Shrinkage            10kg

Mini goal             115kg

Desired                 70kg

Back to having lost 10kg or 22lbs. I didn't expect to lose anything this week in fact quite the opposite so 200g is a pleasant surprise. My intake and outtake of calories was about the same.

I met a friend yesterday whom I hadn't seen in a few months and he had dropped loads of weight and was looking fantastic. When I asked him what he had done he said the he had stopped drinking fizzy drinks and started playing golf once a week. Simple as that.

This reminded me of something that I learned at Weight Watchers many moons ago. Losing weight is about changing habits. Each week or every few weeks you would look at another habit that you could alter.

Throwing in my penny on the Weight Watchers debate - its a good program but it is expensive especially now that you can get so many great tools for free online. Two of the best things about Weight Watchers for me was the accountability of the weekly weigh in and the support network of other people on the same journey. We have replicated that here with this thread. Its my weekly meeting. Once a week I read everyone's posts, get inspired and learn new things.

“Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. HOPE. LOVE. WISH. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of focusing on how far you have to go.”

Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. HOPE. LOVE. WISH. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of focusing on how far you have to go.
Best Answer

Hi everyone.  

My non-scale achievements for last week would have to be resisting the easter cream eggs again, and moving my body more.

I did not succeed at journaling though, so that is this week's goal, again...

My scale achievements as follows.

Have a great week everyone. 

SW - 193.8 - March 20  First day of spring! 

192.7 - March 27th, one step in the right direction.

192.8 - April 5th.  Same... close enough! 

CW - 191.8 - April 10th

Total down 2 lbs.

MiniGW - 189

UGW - 160

Best Answer

@Move.It.Move.It wrote:

I met a friend yesterday whom I hadn't seen in a few months and he had dropped loads of weight and was looking fantastic. When I asked him what he had done he said the he had stopped drinking fizzy drinks and started playing golf once a week. Simple as that.

Good point.  For many of us there really is some low hanging fruit that, if we eliminated it, could really make a big change in calorie intake.  I used to marvel at the 2 to 4 liters of soda one of my work buddies would put away every day.  Of course, when it is something you really like, it's hard to give up, but mostly it is probably just habit. One strategy for breaking that kind of habit is to come up with some rules for when you can indulge, like only after 5, or only on weekends, or only on days that start with "T' ....

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

WEEKLY WEIGH IN for me the old short guy with a beard (Phil Chenevert)

WEEK  THIRTEEN OF MY WEEKLY WEIGH-IN FOR ACCOUNTABILITY.

highest weight 212 lbs.

goal weight 144 (I am a short old guy, 5'4" 76 years old now)

WEEK 1 JAN 16, 2017 BEGINNING WEIGHT 161.6 pounds

WEEK 2 JAN 23, 2017   162.2 pounds + 0.6 pounds whoops!

WEEK 3 JAN 30, 2017   160.4 -down 1.8 pounds !!!! yaaaa. feelin' good

WEEK 4 FEB 6, 2017    160.0 - another tiny loss and in the right direction

WEEK 5 FEB 13, 2017  158.4 - a big loss for me. great!!!!

WEEK 6 FEB 20, 2017  158.2 - actually a surprise but a nice one.  

WEEK 7 FEB 27, 2017  158.4 - well, I'm hangin' in there!  (daily 16 hour fast start)

WEEK 8 MAR 6, 2017   157.0 - OK now, this is more like it  - 1.4 pounds

WEEK 9 MAR 13, 2017 156.8 - All Right!  

WEEK 10 MAR 20, 2017 157.0 - Well, not great but that is what the scale says!

WEEK 11 MAR 27, 2017 157.8 - wait a minute! that's the wrong direction! 

WEEK 12 APR 3,  2017  156.8. - OK, that looks just fine to me!  

WEEK 13 APR 10, 2017  158.4 - definitely a weight gain there.  But I am patient.  

Obviously what I'm doing is not working so it is time to shake things up a bit.  My exercise is going very well, 10k steps every day and gym weight workout 3x.  It is what I'm eating that is causing this gain so I will cut out a few more calories this week and see what happens.   Oh, and I did not get a part in the Beauty and the Beast so, while sad for me, I will have even more time to walk and watch my diet, eh?   No late rehearsals to blame poor food choices on. 

Love to everyone that is struggling!!    If you can do something nice for someone today, Do it.  The world needs more of that. 

Best Answer

Good morning!  I am doing the happy dance!

I already feel so much better!  Thank you all for the support.

SW January 31- 79.8

CW March 28- 78.5

CW April 4-78.6

CW April 11- 77.9

GW------70

Best Answer

Hello folks!

CW - 189 lbs <-2 lbs!>

LW - 191 lbs

SW - 205 lbs (Jan 2015)

GW - 150 lbs 

I don't expect to drop 2 lbs each week at all. But it's a nice affirming loss after my refocusing my energies. Thanks for all of the kind words and encouragement!

Jenn Walks / Fitbit Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR / Android / Chrome OS / Windows
Best Answer

@Baltoscott - congrats on the loss during vacation.  I love trendweight for just that reason.  I started with daily weigh ins, and when you start with a heavier weight (I think) the swings can be huge.  Looking at the overall trend gives me a better idea of where I'm headed.

The 35,000 is tough from a time perspective.  Although I keep talking about trying to increase my stamina the reality is that I do them in sets of usually no more than 7500 steps at a time - then I rest and recover before I do more.  I suspect unless I actually go outside and walk I probably won't get those numbers up.  It's too easy on the treadmill and/or elliptical to decide I've had enough and stop.

Work helps a lot.  Today I'm at 16,000+ steps and I haven't left the building yet.  Of course, I'm mostly stuck in a conference room at the moment so by the time I get home I may not feel like doing a lot more.

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

@tamado I agree with you that education is the most important part of this journey. I've been on this rollercoaster before. Lost 60 pounds 10 years ago and gained it all back plus more! Frustrating to say the least. This time I'm working on getting control of the nutritional side and letting the rest fall in place. I agree that a calorie is not just a calorie - quality definitely matters. I also create "meals" in MFP for the things I eat on a regular basis. Now that I've reached my goal weight my new focus is on maintenance. I'm going to be spending a lot of time over the next few months learning as much as possible about nutrition to help with the maintenance. 

Best Answer

Start:            253 lbs

Last Week:  154.4 lbs

This Week:  151.4 lbs

Change:      - 3 lbs

Total Loss:  - 101.6 lbs

Goal :           125

Mini Goal:     153 lbs - DONE! I officially lost 100 lbs!

New Mini Goal:    141 lbs - I will be considered "normal weight" according to BMI charts

I have to say I was pretty shocked to see a 3 lb loss today. I even calibrated my scale by weighing some dumbbells to make sure it's not malfunctioning. But, all seems right! So, I was clearly holding on to a lot of water weight for the past weeks (maybe months?). I knew I needed to drink more water and two weeks or so ago I started doing so. It seems that it has worked - drinking more flushed out extra water. Also, of course, hormonal fluctuations cannot be understated. I have a feeling I may not even see a loss next week (or maybe a gain?! yikes!), if I start retaining water again.

Regardless, though, it's great to see the scale go down, because I officially lost 100 pounds! I lost this weight in 10.5 months. I am going to raise my calories a bit to start slowing down. At 141 lbs (when I am officially in the "healthy" range according to BMI), I will slow down even more. 

Also, last week I decided to get two tests to establish a baseline - DEXA scan and Resting Metabolic Rate test. The results were very interesting. The DEXA scan reported my body fat as 31.2%. To compare, my scale reported 29.1% - inaccurate, but not hugely off. RMR was calculated as 5% above Mifflin-St. Jeor prediction, so pretty much spot on. It was good to find out that I didn't "ruin" my metabolism by a rather aggressive loss. Of course, I knew that "starvation mode" is not a thing, but since I do have a history of hypothyroidism, it is good to know that my metabolism is within normal parameters. I am sure strength training has helped, as the science suggests. 

I will come back for another DEXA scan once I hit my goal weight. I will start bulking at that point, so it will be beneficial to have another data point before I do. 

Best Answer

@AuroraKat - congrats!  I'm always so impressed by people who can keep up that ~10lb/month loss for a long period of time.  I know I'm not one of those people (I've proven it time and time again that this is bad for me) but I'm always impressed with people that can start and get close to their goal weight this way.  I'm sure you won't have any issues with the rest of your loss.  Woman Very Happy

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

Hi @AuroraKat

Congratulations on such an awesome achievement.

download.jpg

Best Answer

@AuroraKat: wow, amazing! regarding BF%: even though DEXA scans are considered the "golden standard", they too have a margin of error. So the scale could just as well be as or more accurate in your case.

Interesting you were able to get RMR measured. I think it’s what people blaming their slow metabolism should do (it strikes me most people think they have a slower than average metabolism). What did it take in practice to have that test performed?

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Excited to join this weekly weigh in!

Starting Weight: 180 lbs (Aug 2016)

Current Weight: 173 lbs

Short Term GW: 165 lbs by June 15th

Long Term GW: 140 lbs

Best Answer

Start 230 lbs 06/04/2012
Last week 213 lbs 07/28/16
This week 213 lbs 08/01/2016
Weekly loss 0 lbs
total Loss 19 lbs
Goal 120 lbs

MarjieHughes
MarjieHughes
Best Answer

CW - 258 +10     8 WEEK AVERAGE -0.125 LBS (-1)  USW - 363 3/9/16

PW - 248 -0

PW - 248 -3

PW - 251 -2

PW - 253 -0

PW - 253 -3

PW - 256 -1

PW - 257 -2

Taken a little after my Sunday weigh in day after coming back from 1 week vacation.

In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.
Best Answer

@A_Lurker - thank you! We are all different, and not all approaches work for everyone. I chose to go with a very aggressive deficit early on because it was safe for me (morbidly obese, no other comorbidities, approved by my doctor) and I was extremely motivated. Such a large caloric deficit at a smaller weight would not have been safe. Plus, psychologically, it is much more satisfying to me to add food as I lose weight vs. reduce my food because my TDEE is getting lower and lower (due to a smaller body). In the end, it's all about calories in vs. calories out. 

@Move.It.Move.It - Aw, I love kitties, thank you!

@Dominique - I am not too worried about the absolute numbers at this point as far as my BF%. I lost a lot of weight and I am just thankful that I was able to get as low in BF as I did, considering I still have quite a bit to lose. I will return to the same facility for a follow up once I hit my goal - now that will be a very interesting data point because it will determine if I'm ready for bulking! 

I was very happy that the RMR test was offered as well. I had anorexia in college (lowest weight under 70lbs) and I just recently recovered from hypothyroidism. So, if anyone is a poster child for the prevailing myth of "starvation mode", it would be me.

Testing protocol was as follows: 

I had to come in fasting (at least 6 hours), without having consumed stimulants of any kind at least 12 hours beforehand (no coffee, tea, alcohol, etc.), no rigorous exercise for the past 48 hours, and I had to wear loose and comfortable clothing (shoes off for the test). 

A mask was attached to my face to monitor the gas exchange and I was hooked up to a machine that measured my cardiac output. I lay in a reclining position on a very cozy and plush lounger. The room was at a comfortable temperature (was adjusted to make sure I'm neither warm nor cold), the lights were dimmed. I was told to relax and breathe normally - as if I am settled in for the day, and instructed not to talk or move. I was left alone in the room and was told that the study will run for about 10-20 minutes, depending on how long it will take me to settle down and relax. It took about 12 minutes for me. 

The results were available shortly after completion. In addition to my RMR, the study also determined that I burn 81% fat while at rest - nothing actionable on my part, but interesting to know. 

Best Answer

Here I am again for my weekly weigh in.

Starting weight, (Fri March 24 2017) 163lbs

(Fri March 31 2017) 160.5lbs

(Thurs 6th April) 2017) 160.5lbs

Today (Fri 14th April,2017) 160.2lbs

Loss/ Gain -0.3lbs this week

Short-term goal weight 153lbs

Goal weight 130lbs

I'm disappointed as I tried really hard this week. However I did get overtired yesterday and had a mini 'blow out' yesterday evening. I wonder if it is some unconscious desire not to lose weight that does that right before it's time to weigh? I was really conscientious all week and several hundred calories under my fit bit allowance each day. Yesterday I ate extra chocolate in the evening which took me a couple of hundred over for that day. Hey ho! I hope I can keep the motivation up to keep going. I feel frustrated that all my efforts so far yield such small results. However I feel I have little alternative but to keep on keeping on. Here's hoping this week will be better!

Thank you to you all for being there to inspire me and hold a light to show the way!!

Best Answer

@Cottongrass: you had a big move in the first week (2.5 lbs) and not much after that, which may understandably feel frustrating. However, it’s still about 3 lbs in three weeks, i.e. 1 lb per week. Given you started from a relatively low weight, it’s not bad at all IMO.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer