Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Weigh In

ANSWERED

I am weighing myself every Monday morning and I am going to log my results each weigh for accountability and support. Please feel free to join in.

Start weigh                   125.5 kg 14/12/2015

Now                              124.2 kg 11/01/2015

Loss this week             200g

Loss to date                 1.3kg

"Slow and steady wins the race"

Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. HOPE. LOVE. WISH. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of focusing on how far you have to go.
Best Answer
2,723 REPLIES 2,723

I'm checking in a day early this week as I'm away tomorrow morning.

I am disappointed I have stayed the same as I have been well within the calorie allowance fitbit recommends each day. I think I must somehow be under-estimating my calories, but not sure how to do better as I thought I was being quite honest. 

I'm carrying on regardless as I already feel better than I did when I started...

Starting weight, (Fri March 24 2017) 163lbs

(Fri March 31 2017) 160.5lbs

Current weight (Thurs 6th April) 2017) 160.5lbs

Loss/ Gain -0lbs this week

Short-term goal weight 153lbs

Goal weight 130lbs

Best Answer

@Cottongrass: weight loss often isn’t linear (hence my suggestion to look at it over a longer period of time and to use TrendWeight). 2.5 lb in one week was a lot, 2.5 lb in two weeks is still good, despite the disappointment of no weight change during the second week. Consistency is what matters most, so you’re making the right decision to carry on. As time goes by, you will have a better picture of the accuracy of calories (both in and out) and you can make adjustments (if necessary).

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Monday 04/03:  205.40

This morning 04/06:  202.70

Starting weight on 04/06:  206.00

Lost 3.30 pounds over the last 4 days, which isn't great but I'll take it.  I'm breaking my 35 pound weight loss goal down into 5lb increments, so for Phase 1, I've only got 2.70 pounds to go, which I'm hoping I can hit by Monday morning...!

Best Answer

@swestleyj60: 3.3 pounds in 4 days is not great?! What time frame do you have in mind for your 35 pound weight loss? An average weekly pace of 1-2 lb is usually considered very good. 5 lb a week (total weight loss of 35 pounds over in 7 weeks) doesn’t sound realistic to me. Welcome in any case, and all the best with your endeavour!

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Best Answer

@swestleyj60 - I will second what @Dominique said: losing 3.3 lbs in 4 days is incredible! To put things in perspective, a 2lb per WEEK loss is considered to be aggressive and anything more than that would require doctor's supervision for the vast majority of people. You are doing a great job! 

Best Answer

@AuroraKat and @Dominique, you're both very right - I don't expect this pace to continue at all.  In my experience, the "beginning" of any weight loss effort usually yields the best results...things seem to slow down as you go, I think.

For me, I needed a jump start.  I have no problems getting up early and working out, and I have no problems avoiding snacking during the day.  It's suppertime and snacking afterward that seem to get me.

So, for this week anyway, I lowered my calorie intake goal = 1,100 calories or less.

I won't be able to sustain that (and don't really want to) but really needed to do something to get the needle moving in the right direction.

Anyway...

Monday 04/03:  205.40

This morning 04/07:  199.40

This week over 5 days:  6.00 -

The trick, of course, will be to make it through the weekend and weigh the same, or less, on Monday....

Best Answer

I had posted here a few times a little while back, but life and things just seem to distract us from what we want and need to do. So I decided today I was going to start back posting here each week and hopefully get things back on track. I love coming here reading all the inspirational posts. So I figure I might as well get back to posting along with you. I do like to do the other challenges, just as a mini goal for myself continuously. However I do like the ideal of the weekly weigh in as well. So, I don't remember when the last time I posted here was, so I just copied the last weigh in from the other challenge room. I always weigh on Tuesday, as that is what I originally started and I always want my weigh in's to be on that same scale.. (it is a scale where I work).

I hope you all have a wonderful Day and weekend!

MY stats
USW - 210.0 lbs April 25th 2016
02/14/17 - 167.2 lbs

02/21/17 - 168.2 lbs - Gained 1 pound 

02/28/17 - 164.8 lbs - Lost 3.4 Pounds 

03/08/17 - 164.0 lbs - Lost 0.8 pound 

03/15/17 - 164.0 lbs - Stayed the same

03/21/17 - 164.0 lbs - Stayed the same

03/28/17 - 163.0 lbs - Lost 1 pound

04/04/17 - 159.6 lbs - Lost 3.4 pounds 

Ulitmate Goal Weight 125.0

Rhonda - 46 - F - Kentucky - Charge HR
Best Answer

Thank you Dominique. You're right... I need to stay with this for the long term! I'm hanging in there and am under the calories recommended by fitbit everyday. Yesterday was my birthday and although I had a piece of cake I was still under. I am pleased and proud of myself for keeping on it. I have lost weight before and never thought I'd need to do this all again. But here I am. Swallowing my pride and doing it!! I haven't checked the scale again for a few days as it seems easier not to look! Thank you for your kind support. I really appreciate it.

Best Answer

would love to join the weekly weigh in I've never posted before how do I post my stuff without replying to someone else's post?

Best Answer

@Lauraboo: you can jump in by replying to any post in this thread. As long as you are not quoting that post, no one will see which post you "piggy-backed" on.

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer

Hi I am new to posting stuff so not sure if I'm posting this right. Love this Idea and would love to join in. I started my diet seven weeks ago..

Start weight: 2/13/17 - 179.

2/20/17 - 177.2

2/27/17 - 175.1

3/6/17 - 173.0

3/13/17 - 170.4

3/20/17 - 167.4   whoop whoop finally out of the 70's

3/27/17 - 168.4    Snap went a lil backwards.

4/3/17 - 165.2

Total of 13.8 lost in 7 weeks. Happy dance..

Setting my goal weight to 140. for now may change it once I get there. Slowly but surely getting there.

Best Answer

It's good to see healthy habits in play. While losing weight, I would definitely advocate weighing yourself only once a week. Preferably, in the morning when you wake, the day of your cheat/reset meal. Being a scale junkie can be very detrimental to your progress. Our body weight can fluctuate, sometimes amazingly so, within the course of a day. Water and sodium intake, along with a bunch of other variables, can cause that wild swing. The best way to achieve at 'true' weight-in is to go low, or cut carbs and sodium a day or two before your official weigh-in. Probably a good idea to cut fluids 12 hours before you weigh as well. 

Best Answer

@A_Lurker wrote:

USW- 407

CSW- 360 (Feb 2016)

PW - 254.0 (3/26/17)

CW - 253.2 (-0.8 lbs)

Progress:  1.75 lbs/week for 61 weeks

UGW- No idea yet  Woman Happy

Really strange week.  I'm involved in a longer time challenge (which isn't over until next week) and my competitive nature ends up with me doing a ton of steps each day.  I actually got my 35,000 steps badge one day.  Of course this has also thrown my eating out of whack.  Although I actually expect I'm under eating for my calorie burn.  Another week of this and I'm going to do a rest week (steps-wise) and maybe count calories for the week.

USW- 407

CSW- 360 (Feb 2016)

PW - 253.2 (4/2/17)

CW - 252.6 (-0.6 lbs)

Progress:  1.73 lbs/week for 62 weeks

UGW- No idea yet  Woman Happy

I'll also be back to posting a little more after next week.  I'm working extra hours at work, worked this weekend as well, and I'm trying not to let my sleep suffer too much.

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

Welcome to our new members.  The only thing I would add is that you should post every week, up or down.  We all have the occasional bump up, but if you avoid posting for one week, then another week, well... the trend could go in the opposite direction.

@ShaneGraves- I'm not sure I agree with your strategy for that weekly weigh in.  It feels too much like game play, and weight loss should be about finding a new way of eating.  I've actually done the daily thing just to watch the fluctuations.  As long as you understand them they shouldn't make a difference in the long run.

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

@A_Lurker mine's only one of many different strategies to achieve weight loss and, of course, you have to find what works for you as an individual. It worked for me and in a big, big way.

I don't even begin to think of it as a game. I was literally knocking on deaths door.

Adjusting macros at the right time has a very desirable effect on metabolism. An effect that helps an obese person continue their weight loss progressively. I'm not just spewing some theory,  I'm flesh and blood proof that it works.

Stepping on a scale and seeing no movement or a gain can be demoralizing to a whole bunch of folks. It's very common to see people throw in the towel after that experience. Weight Loss takes a lot of heart. It's not always as simple as understanding the facts. For weight loss, I strongly suggest weighing once a week.

Thank you for the kind welcome. I'm enjoying the forums.

Best Answer

Last Monday morning 04/03:  205.40 pounds

This Monday morning 04/10:  200.20 pounds

Weekly change:  Down by 5.20 pounds or 2.5%

BMI went from 26.78 to 26.10

Goal WAS 200.00, but has since been changed to 195.00

Best Answer

Monday weigh-in.

Starting weight: ~241+ lbs

Current weight: 191.4 lbs
Last week's weight: 192.4 lbs
Weight lost this week: -1 lbs
Total weight lost: 49.6 lbs

Weight left to lose: 31.4 lbs
Mini-goal: <190 lbs
Goal weight: ~160

Best Answer

Definitely a disappointing week. I stayed within my calorie count. I did an 8 mile hike on Saturday and smaller 3 mile hike on Sunday and ....nothing 😞 EDIT 3 months ago I had creeped up to 163#. I need to Ben grateful it's slowly moving down. I get so focused on wanting the scale to move every time. Really trying to work on my attitude. It's easy for me

to base my self worth on what the scale says that morning. Not a good way to live. 

Starting weight: 158.8 2/1/17
Current weight: 152.8
Previous week: 152.8
Weekly loss (gain): 0
Goal weight: 135
Short term goal: 145

Best Answer

@A_Lurker  >>  I actually got my 35,000 steps badge one day. 

Woop, Woop!!

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

Back from my road trip and my first weigh-in since March 31.

Here are the trendweight numbers (which show a 1.2 lbs loss!)

Starting Weight:

Jan. 6, 2017:  202.3 lbs

• Sun, 2.12: 195.6 lbs
  • Sun, 2.19: 193.9 lbs
  • Sun, 2.26: 192.3 lbs
  • Sun, 3.5:   189.8 lbs
  • Sun, 3.12: 188.2 lbs
  • Tue, 3.21:  186.8 lbs
  • Sun, 3.26:  185.8 lbs
  • Fri, 3.31:    184.5 lbs
  • Tue, 4.10:  183.3 lbs

-1.2 lbs since last week

-19 lbs since start. (Getting Close to 20 lbs!)

Goal Weight: 165-170 lbs

When I'm at home, I weigh in daily.  And when I compared my actual scale reading from March 31 with this morning it showed an increase of 1.2 lbs (from 181.9 to 183.1).  If that were all the information I had, I might be concerned with how I handed 10 days of travel.  

But, as others have mentioned, daily weigh-ins can be discouraging because they fluctuate so much due to changes in how much water you retain.  (Which is why most of us naturally weigh ourselves in the morning -- after the toilet and before breakfast ... when we weigh the least!).  What is true of daily weigh-ins is also true of weekly weigh-ins --- the water fluctuation can mask what is really going on.  So, to smooth out all that variation, I've linked my fitbit account (where I record the weight) to trendweight which only gives me "partial credit" for the increase or decrease of my daily weigh-in.  If my weigh-in is less than the trend, it bends the trend line down a bit and if it is over the tread, it moves the trend line up, but not as much as the actual weight recorded.  That's why, even though the scale says I gained a pound while on vacation, my trend is still down a pound, because the March 31 weigh-in and the April 10 weigh-in were both under the trend line.  This all helps my realize that despite the scale reading this morning, I did a very good job maintaining my goals while on vacation/travel.  

Here is screenshot from the last 3 months.  

Yay - trendweight is still moving down after vacation.Yay - trendweight is still moving down after vacation.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer