Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Weigh In

ANSWERED

I am weighing myself every Monday morning and I am going to log my results each weigh for accountability and support. Please feel free to join in.

Start weigh                   125.5 kg 14/12/2015

Now                              124.2 kg 11/01/2015

Loss this week             200g

Loss to date                 1.3kg

"Slow and steady wins the race"

Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. HOPE. LOVE. WISH. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of focusing on how far you have to go.
Best Answer
2,723 REPLIES 2,723

@purple_vacuum - I came out of hospital weighing 75kg and I'm now 60kg, so first off, how tall are you?  It's just that a nurse at my GP practice said that my weight should be 60kg and I'm 152cm, so by aiming for 2kg lower than that, you're shorter than me too, yeah?

The way I did it was walking our dog twice a day, every day, in all weathers, for 6 months before she passed away in November 2020 and since then I've been doing laps of the downstairs of our house and tiny back yard and the weight has come off me really easily.

The thing you need to get into the habit of doing is to log every mouthful that passes your lips and aim for as many hours of 250 steps as possible... the way I've been doing it is to slightly cheat just a little bit and start doing my laps at x.45 and not stopping until x.15 at the very minimum  😉  Don't attempt to do it every hour straight away... start off as a morning stroll for that half an hour, then when your body starts getting used to it, do the same again in the evening, then when your body is used to those two, add in a lunchtime one as well - don't just do a few steps and give up, aim for 15 minutes of activity so that you get active minutes recorded, as well as the 250 steps 'cos that's what motivates me.

Make sure your weight goal is set to "lose" and do whatever is possible to avoid turning the graph even slightly red every day... ideally green so that you're sure you're getting enough calories, but blue is better than red  😉

Make sure you're drinking enough water and avoid alcohol as much as possible too (empty calories that you really don't need).  If you're a tea/coffee drinker, maybe try cutting down and replacing it with water 'cos my GP said that they dehydrate you and it's yet more empty calories too.

Basically, make use of your FitBit app as much as possible and start off as slowly as necessary, but don't hesitate to push yourself on the days you feel able to cope with it safely.

Amanda - a Fitbit Inspire user since 29th September 2019
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Helengib68 - I was stuck at 75kg for a looong time, but I've shed 15kg in under a year by making full use of my FitBit app and logging every single thing that passes my lips.  Try reducing your calories and upping your activity - start slowly, but don't be afraid to push yourself whenever you feel able to safely.  Have a read of my reply to @purple_vacuum just before this for more details of how I did it.  Don't give up but don't push yourself too hard, too fast otherwise you'll regret it and lose the motivation to try.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm 160cm, my BMI healthy range is 49-62kg so I'm aiming at the upper end of that, and that was a weight I felt was good

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ah right, @purple_vacuum, it might be worth just checking with a medical bod to see what an accurate healthy weight is for you personally... I was aiming for 54kg ('cos that's what I'd read online was healthy for my height) but when I reached that I was told by the nurse that I was underweight and I needed to put on 6kg to be a healthy weight for my height... maybe you could do that too?  🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes