Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Weigh In

ANSWERED

I am weighing myself every Monday morning and I am going to log my results each weigh for accountability and support. Please feel free to join in.

Start weigh                   125.5 kg 14/12/2015

Now                              124.2 kg 11/01/2015

Loss this week             200g

Loss to date                 1.3kg

"Slow and steady wins the race"

Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. HOPE. LOVE. WISH. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of focusing on how far you have to go.
Best Answer
2,723 REPLIES 2,723

2017 Goal Weight = 120.

3/1/2017 Start weight = 155

3/8/2017 153

3/15/2017 151

3/22/2017 148  (Short term goal of 150 achieved)

3/29/2017 147

4/5/2017 148

4/14/2017 145.4 (Forgot to log on Wednesday.  Since I'm only .4 away from my goal I'm resetting my ST goal today.)

Short Term Goal = 142  (Changed to new ST goal 4/14/2017)

I forgot to log in on Wednesday. I was so busy and excited to be setting up my Aria scale.  I've had the Aria for some time and used to use it regularly.  Then it needed batteries and I just could not get it set-up. So I set it aside in disgust. The other day I decided to try it again and I noticed in the help forums they fixed some quirks. The set up was a breeze. So now I  have it syncing with FitBit, Lose It and Weigh Trend and I'm loving it. Also I can now log fractions of pounds. 

Best Answer

@Cottongrass - I know how frustrating it is to not see the scale move when you have done everything right. But, stalls happen to practically everyone who is losing weight. If you are accurately following your deficit, rest assured that you are still losing fat. Sometimes bodies retain water. Hormonal fluctuations, especially for women, stress, intense and/or new workouts can all lead to temporary water retention. Sometimes, the body just holds on to more waste during some days. If this happens to be your weigh-in day, well, the scale will reflect that. 

But, it is also true that the lower your weight is, the slower the fat will come off. The calorie deficit is just not possible for a large loss. That's perfectly normal. It takes less energy to sustain a 160 pound body than it does a 200 pound body. So your loss of about a pound a week is very good!

Hang in there. You will see the scale move again in the coming week or so!

Best Answer

Thank you @Dominique for your encouragement. I am persevering and know the scales will surely show me some reward for my efforts eventually 🙂

Best Answer

@AuroraKatyou are awesome! well done. a fantastic achievement! I bet you feel so different than when you started this journey

Thank you for taking the time to respond to me too...I appreciate your encouragement. I am trying to get a longer view on it and do take your point that this could be some normal fluctuation. I guess you are right that I need to expect to take it fairly slowly. I lost 54lbs 12 years back and it seemed a lot easier then, but I guess being a little older, having hypothyroidism etc all don't help...and perhaps I have just forgotten how hard it was!!

Best Answer

@Cottongrass wrote:

I lost 54lbs 12 years back and it seemed a lot easier then, but I guess being a little older, having hypothyroidism etc all don't help...and perhaps I have just forgotten how hard it was!!

@Cottongrass: actually, the very fact that your major weight loss occurred many years ago should make it easier for you to lose from the current level, compared to @AuroraKat (who’s currently more or less at the same weight as you). This is because your body has had time to adapt to a lower settling point, which is not the case for her (as she was 100 lbs heavier less than a year ago). That being said, I can only agree that under-eating sucks, for everyone. 

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Finally back on my normal Sunday schedule and time to report:

Starting Weight:

Jan. 6, 2017:  202.3 lbs

• Sun, 2.12: 195.6 lbs
  • Sun, 2.19: 193.9 lbs
  • Sun, 2.26: 192.3 lbs
  • Sun, 3.5:   189.8 lbs
  • Sun, 3.12: 188.2 lbs
  • Tue, 3.21:  186.8 lbs
  • Sun, 3.26:  185.8 lbs
  • Fri, 3.31:    184.5 lbs
  • Tue, 4.10:  183.3 lbs
  • Sun, 4.16:  181.8 lbs

-1.5 lbs since last week

-20.5 lbs since start.  

Goal Weight: 165-170 lbs

Breaking the 20 lbs loss is a nice barrier to overcome.  

Just finished a 3 week challenge that got pretty competitive over the last 5 or 6 days.  It was fun, but I'm glad for the break.  The challenge today is the holiday.  We will have about 20 people over for Easter and my wife has got all kinds of goodies lined up.  Breakfast will start off Paleo for me, her and a cousin who is staying with us ... Sausage, hardboiled eggs and horseradish.  But I see some cinnamon rolls on the table! Lunch/Dinner this afternoon is when the crowd will arrive.  We will have a lot of good choices: ham, roasted asparagus, carrots, sweet potato wedges, brussel sprouts, a kale based salad.  There will be deviled eggs and nuts to pick at throughout the day and cake for dessert,  beer and wine to drink ... .  And there will be more coming with the rest of the family coming over.  I don't think I'll get everything into MFP as I eat so I'll probably take pictures as I go as a way to remind myself to take it easy 🙂

Just writing that up makes me realize it is time to get a bike ride in!  And I've got some mulch to spread before guests arrive to I'll be burning a few calories too.

Happy Easter everyone! 

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

CW - 249 -9     8 WEEK AVERAGE -1 LBS (-8)  USW - 363 3/9/16

PW - 258 +10

PW - 248 -0

PW - 248 -3

PW - 251 -2

PW - 253 -0

PW - 253 -3

PW - 256 -1

I could take out these large weight spikes and make a nice even smoothed out graph but then it wouldn't be mine in the end.

In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.
Best Answer

Oh @AuroraKat, I'm so happy for you!  That three digit club is an exciting one, I remember so well how that felt.  I am eagerly awaiting my one year anniversary of the 100 lb loss in July this year!  Keep up the great work, it sounds like you are on the path to long term success.

Best Answer

@A_Lurker wrote:

USW- 407

CSW- 360 (Feb 2016)

PW - 253.2 (4/2/17)

CW - 252.6 (-0.6 lbs)

Progress:  1.73 lbs/week for 62 weeks

UGW- No idea yet  Woman Happy

Oh my, it's been an insane week.  I got a little too competitive in a 3-week challenge, averaging 30,000+ steps a day in the last week.  Combine this with poor sleep (very busy at work) and my resting heart rate has been slowly climbing.  My resting rate usually runs around high 50s/low 60s, but it hit 72 on Tues/Wed/Thurs.  For me, this is a bad sign and I raised my calories quite high (to maintenance or even higher) in the meantime.  This is not easy to do when you're burning more than 5000 calories for the last few days.  Sadly I think we will end up second in the challenge, but I didn't have it in me to go over 60,000 steps yesterday (I did manage over 50K).  However, pretty impressive for someone still carrying at least an extra 100 pounds.  Today I'm taking a rest day, but will probably still make a point to do 20,000 steps, and I'm keeping my calories up.  With  more sleep and more food my resting rate is coming down (67 today).  Surprisingly, but I actually lost a little weight with all this.

USW- 407

CSW- 360 (Feb 2016)

PW - 252.6 (4/9/17)

CW - 252.0 (-0.6 lbs)

Progress:  1.71 lbs/week for 63 weeks

UGW- No idea yet  Woman Happy

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

@Baltoscott wrote:

Breaking the 20 lbs loss is a nice barrier to overcome.  

In your case, that was also 10% of your starting body weight. In 3.5 months, it’s impressive!

I’m currently reading a book that advocates reduction in steps of max. 10% / 3 months increments, with maintenance phases as long as the previous weight loss phase. So if you started at 300, you would lose 30 in three months or so, then maintain at 270 for another three months, then lose 27 in x months, then maintain at 243 for x months etc. I know this goes against what the most successful dieters here have been doing (100 in one year, or even less than that), and it would definitely be much slower.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Best Answer

I'm really trying not to give up. I am watching everything I eat, weighing things, portioning out foods. I am walking at lunch several times a week, hiking on the weekends. I looked and I had between a 350-550 calorie deficit everyday and yet the scale is not moving. I love food and it is a source of comfort for me.So it is hard not to want to throw in the towel and eat a whole box of Fruity Pebbles or something equally as bad. I'm going to hang on for another week. It's "that time of the month" for me so maybe I am holding fluids....I hope.  

Starting weight: 158.8 2/1/17
Current weight: 153
Previous week: 152.8
Weekly loss (gain): +0.2
Goal weight: 135
Short term goal: 145

Best Answer

Dang.

I got all the way down to 197.90 last week, only to gain it back between Friday and Sunday.  Truth be told, I let off the gas yesterday and by suppertime, ate my fair share of lasagna, which, I might add, was such that I don't regret partaking of its deliciousness one bit.  

I'll just have to work a little harder this week...

Starting 04/03/17:  206.00

Last Monday 04/10/17:  200.20

This morning 04/17/17:  200.60

Pounds lost over last 14 days:  5.40

Best Answer

Starting weight:
1st Jan 2017 142kg (313lbs)

10th Mar 2017 126.9kg (280lbs)
16th Mar 2017 126.3kg (278.5lbs)
23rd Mar 2017 123.9kg (273lbs)
1st Apr 2017 123.3kg (272lbs)
10th Apr 2017 122.5kg (270lbs)

17th Apr 2017 120.9kg (266.5lbs)

Target weight:
100kg (220lbs)

In just 10 more kg, I'll slip out of the obese BMI range in to merely overweight! In December, I'd have told you that would be impossible. Now I know it is very possible. If the gains in my wellbeing continue to be as great as the weight loss, it'll be easy (well, easyish!).

I feel amazing! I'm back to running (parkrun x2 now, both <30 mins). I'm back at the gym and loving it. And I'm buying new clothes with far fewer Xs before the L!

I've just noticed that I'm halfway between my starting weight and my target weight! That goal rather sneaked up on me. 

I have been feeling a little more hungry for a few days, but I've put that down to increased activity and slight dehydration. Happily, I've managed to resist the desire to eat my fridge and everything in it!

I'm a little worried that I'm addicted to pimiento stuffed olives. But at least it's not booze, drugs or chocolate!

Happy stepping everyone, I'm going out for a walk. 

Ultimate Goal: Mens sana in corpore sano
Best Answer

Start 265 lbs 09/27/2015
This Week 159.4 04/17/2017

Last week 159.2 04/10/2017

Maintenance mode

Loss Range 105 lbs +/- 5 lbs

Basically the same as last week.  I actually saw lower numbers (as low as 157.2) during the week last week but I took care of that with a three day Easter weekend...  I did what I could and tried to eat well but I don't move as much and ate more than I needed and it showed up today.  I used to always be able to count on Monday being my lowest weigh in of the week because it was my biggest work day and I was hungry and thirsty.  It seems that there are more factors now that I don't have excess fat stored for energy.  If I do a good workout and a decent work day and I eat clean during the week, I can actually see lower weights on other days.  I'm just finding it interesting.

Best Answer

@Kimbur96, I hope you stick with it!  If you are retaining water and only showing up .2 since last week, I suspect you are actually down and will see a good number next week.  That said, if you don't, don't give up.  Then maybe it's time to evaluate your strategies.  IE, what are you basing your TDEE on?  I see you are logging, how are your macros?  How clean are you eating?  Personally, I did a lower carb approach without trying to go full Keto.  Lowering carbs to a reasonable level and filling up on tons of fresh vegetables and simple proteins like roasted meats seemed to be the answer for me but not for everyone.  I don't believe a calorie is a calorie and some people are more susceptible to the insulin spikes that come from sugar than others and that is your body's signal to store fat.  
If you continue to struggle, you may want to speak to a nutritionist or a trainer or someone like that who can get you on the right path.

Good luck, we're here for you.

Best Answer

@Kimbur96  I totally understand the frustration-but don't quit.  It may feel better in the short term, but it always invariably ends up putting you in a worse place.  Maybe you don't lose weight-but are you more active than you had been before? That's a positive, even if the scale isn't moving.  You've improved your health just by moving more.  I agree that you may be holding fluids, especially if you are at the point in your cycle where it most commonly happens (it hits me way harder than I had ever thought too).  Keep your fluid intake up-water, water, or water with lemon, etc.  I'm not a huge fan of it either, but I've begrudgingly found that it's a necessary thing.  

It will happen, but you may need to get some help along the way-a nutritionist, a good trainer (they can make a world of difference, and would still be with mine if I hadn't moved), or even your doctor can set you on the right path.  Don't quit!  You can do this.

Best Answer

hello

Reading posts here I see people talking about logging 'macros'. Can someone tell me what this means and why you would do that? I am still trying to understand why I am not losing weight as quickly as the numbers suggest I should be. I agree with @tamado that 'a calorie is not a calorie' and am wondering if I need to be making some other types of adjustments. I am so far just counting calories in vs calories out. I'm not looking to make life more complicated than it needs to be though 😉

Best Answer

@Cottongrass: "macros" are macronutrients, that is protein, fat and carbohydrates. Micronutrients would be things that come in tiny quantities like vitamins, minerals or phytochemicals. If you eat a balanced diet, chances are you are getting enough of each macronutrient. And if you make healthy food choices, like eating primarily whole / minimally processed food, chances are you’ll also get the micronutrients that are important for health. Even though not all calories are equal, calories are still the primary driver of weight loss. Eating 500 calories worth of spinach will have the same impact on your weight as 500 calories worth of candies. However, their respective impact on health and satiety will be totally different. If you want to keep things simple, continue counting calories in vs. calories out, but pay attention to where your calories in come from. 

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer

@MHKBB17 thank you for your encouragement. I am not giving up. I jet get frustrated and need to vent sometimes. 

@tamado thank you too for the encouragement. I try to eat pretty clean. I do allow my self a single serving of ice cream every night but it is included in my calorie count. Usually a Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich. I do not know what TDEE is? I am not a lover veggies so it's a challenge for me. An average day is protein shake in the morning. mid morning low sugar oatmeal and a piece of fruit. Lunch small sandwich on thin bread, lettuce and tomato, no mayo or spread. Afternoon another piece of fruit, probably some pretzels (100 calorie bag) to snack on. Dinner is grilled chicken and either salad, rice or spaghetti squash and some kind of sauce. Then my ice cream sandwich. I walk at lunch. Hike on the weekends. Trying to increase my attendance at the gym after work. 

I have decided to take on a challenge my BFF proposed. No scales for 2 weeks. I usually weigh daily. No ice cream x two weeks. Pick out a piece of clothing I want to fit better now and see how it fits in two weeks. So I picked out a tight pair of jeans, I can get them on and closed but it's not pretty, lol. Going to give it a shot. Last night was my first ice dreamless night. 

Best Answer

Well I honestly can not remember if I posted last week or not, but this past week has been an extremely action packed week, both good things and bad things. BUT, it is over and a new week is underway. I am doing okay with steps and food at the moment. I am taking it one day at a time right now. Working toward getting off one pound at a time. I am excited to have received my 50 pound weight loss badge and excited to work toward the next badge, even though I don't even know what it is...lol.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter and is having a truly blessed day!

MY stats
USW - 210.0 lbs April 25th 2016
02/14/17 - 167.2 lbs - 

02/21/17 - 168.2 lbs - Gained 1 pound 

02/28/17 - 164.8 lbs - Lost 3.4 Pounds 

03/08/17 - 164.0 lbs - Lost 0.8 pound 

03/15/17 - 164.0 lbs - Stayed the same

03/21/17 - 164.0 lbs - Stayed the same

03/28/17 - 163.0 lbs - Lost 1 pound

04/04/17 - 159.6 lbs - Lost 3.4 pounds 

04/11/17 - 163.0 lbs - Gained 3.4 pounds 

04/18/17 - 158.8 lbs - Lost 4.2 pounds