Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calories burned

Hi, I have a Fitbit blaze and when I've left it at home or not worn it it will say calories burned - 1257 that without wearing it.
Then today when I have worn it all day, walked to work and back which is 25 mins there and 25 mins back it is saying calories burned - 1380 ?
Basically I've burned off just over 100 calories extra yet walked for 50 mins then I would do sat doing nothing?
Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

@Kellyleanne wrote:
Hi, I have a Fitbit blaze and when I've left it at home or not worn it it will say calories burned - 1257 that without wearing it.
Then today when I have worn it all day, walked to work and back which is 25 mins there and 25 mins back it is saying calories burned - 1380 ?
Basically I've burned off just over 100 calories extra yet walked for 50 mins then I would do sat doing nothing?

Sounds about right.

Best Answer
0 Votes
So by wearing it all day I only burn over a 100 calories extra? To me that doesn't sound right.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear Kellyleanne,

Normally the device is counting the calories based on our basic metabolism (influenced by age and weight) and heart rate. For example – I have 58 kilo and the calories consumption in resting phase is around 60/hour. As time the HR is increasing 80-122 the calories consumption is increasing too and we are in fat burn phase. Between 122 - 148 beats/min there is cardio phase and this is the happening during aerobic exercises. Above 148 beats/min there is peak phase which is reached for a very short period.Woman Happy

Please try to correlate your active moments with heart rate by setting the device to auto-recognize automatically the exercises after a certain period of time (e.g. run 10+minutes).

With best regards,

Dana

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kellyleanne wrote:
So by wearing it all day I only burn over a 100 calories extra? To me that doesn't sound right.

Correct, other than your 50 minute walk, it doesn't sound like you did much to burn more calories than your basic burn rate.  If you'd gone for a run during those same 50 minutes then there would have been a much more noticable difference.

Best Answer
0 Votes

even if you went for a very brisk uninterrupted walk for 50 minutes straight you would have burned more.

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes