Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get lose fat and gain lean muscle without weights?

WIth finals coming up, I don't have time to start exercising and working out. However, I plan on beginning to work out as soon as school ends. 

I do not have a gym membership and only have 3, 5, 10, and 15 lb weights at home. I might buy ankle weights and resistance bands. There's a park near my house where I can run laps. At home, I have a TV where I can use Youtube videos to do HIIT, Tabata, bodyweight, Pilates, etc... workouts. 

I've gained fat and lost muscle over the past year and really want to lose fat and regain my lean muscle. I plan on eating healthier, drinking a lot more water, and working out at least once a day. 

Is it possible to lose fat and gain muscle quickly w/o weights? I've read on the internet that basically weight training is the best way to do this, but I unfortunately can't get a gym membership. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
20 REPLIES 20

Definitely, go to the weight room.  It's a lot of fun.  If this is a college, ask the desk person if someone can show you a couple of weight exercises.  If you both go over it will feel less hard to get in that space.  Then write down the exercises and work on them every couple of days.  Having a list will help you feel more purposeful.  The more you are in that space the more natural it will feel.

If this is a regular gym, ask if there is someone you can get a 30-minute coaching session from and purchase it.  Again, having someone go with you and show you how to do some of the weights properly will help you gain confidence in that part of the gym.  Avoid the weight machines - you can always buy weight for home use but machines only target parts of the body and are too expensive to have in the average home gym.

Best Answer