Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't wear charge 3 at work

I will get my Charge 3 in a few days (hopefully) and am eager to get the feedback from it to help me get and keep moving.

I work 12 hour shifts in a hospital and can not wear and kid of jewellery, tracker, watch etc while working.

I only work 2 days a week so I know the other 5 days I will get complete information from my tracker which is good.

BUT what do I do for the 2 days that I can't wear if? If I put it in my pocket will I at least get a semi accurate accounting of my steps? I can't put it on my ankle (I am a very large person) and I don't want the hassle of getting one of the cheaper versions that just track steps and having to download 2 trackers.

Anyone out there in the same boat? What did you do?

Thank you for any suggestions.

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Welcome top the forums!

Putting it in your pocket will work but dont expect accuracy.

Its to late now but the Inspire with out HR would of been a good choice as you can wear it on your wrist and you can also buy a Clip that you could of clipped to your Bra.

Hope you enjoy your new Fitbit!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Thanks for the welcome.

I wanted one with the HR monitor because some health problems mean I need to be aware of what is going on as I  embark on this life change.

I will see what information I get on my work time and just go from there. Fortunately the work time is only 26 hours out of the total week so hopefully I will get enough information the other 142 hours to make a difference.

Best Answer

I haven't any experience with any of them, but I just typed "Fitbit Leg Band" on Amazon and came up with these...

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=fitbit+leg+band&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

Best Answer
0 Votes

I occasionally will put mine in my pocket and is seems fairly accurate for the step count.  I haven't paid any attention to other metrics like activity minutes, but I'm sure the @WendyB is correct that they won't be very reliable.

If I were you, I would wear it to work, stick in my pocket while working, put it back on when I leave, and otherwise not worry about it.  Despite the many views to the contrary in the forums, endless obsessing on capturing every single step will not make you healthier.  But ... since your schedule fairly consistent you will still get good information for most of the week, and, more importantly,  you can measure your trends and, hopefully, improvement over time.   Enjoy your new CH3!  🙂

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

i think i have read somewhere that you can download the app "mobiletracker" and that will sync with your fitbit app so dont worry about not being able to wear the tracker on you because if you have mobiletracker then it will sync with the fitbit app so its almost like you wore your fitbit! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I cant wear mine at work on my wrist.  I am trying this on my ankle and had an extended band, till it broke.  I am now wearing it using a knee sock to hold it in place.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

you can connect the watch with your phone .

Best Answer
0 Votes