Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cardio hr when sick

ANSWERED

Hi everyone, I'm new to the fitbit world. Since last night I've been battling a pretty nasty fever (39.6) and my hr has skyrocketed. It's currently reading 138bpm. Average is about 72. 

Obviously my fitbit thinks I'm in some sort of cardio session. Is there a way to let it know I'm just sick and not working out 24 hours a day? Its going to throw off my calories 🙈

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Scrubbiez,

There's no way to adjust the heart rates on the Fitbit. The good news is, you don't have to. While you are battling the fever, your heart rate will increase and you will be actually burning all those calories based on the increased heart rate. Sp make sure you get lots of rest and eat plenty, and hopefully you'll be on the other side of this sickness soon.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Scrubbiez,

There's no way to adjust the heart rates on the Fitbit. The good news is, you don't have to. While you are battling the fever, your heart rate will increase and you will be actually burning all those calories based on the increased heart rate. Sp make sure you get lots of rest and eat plenty, and hopefully you'll be on the other side of this sickness soon.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

Thank you. I wasn't sure it would be accurate. Thankfully my hr has come down a bit today! Still not great though lol. Antibiotics should be working soon 🙂 

Thank you for taking the time to reply x

Best Answer