Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Celebrating in a big way right now!

I'm disabled and walking to the end of the street and back to the house is usually my limit.  My daily target is 2,500 steps which I usually achieve every day I walk our small dog, but rarely get over half that on the days she's not here.

Monday's step target is usually achieved by lunchtime 'cos that's our intense walking session of the week then we stroll for the other days that she's home and hit my target by the middle of the afternoon.

Not today though.

It's only 4pm and I've already more than doubled my target... it's currently at 5,251 and 2.09 miles which is the most I've walked since becoming disabled two decades ago!  It would have been easy to do that when I was well and working, but even getting to 1,750 steps on the days our dog is at the vet is a struggle, so this is a huge achievement for me!

I can't move off the sofa now and getting to bed this evening won't be safe, but I'm sooo proud of myself right now!  I've done it once without my legs giving way on me so it's inspired me to do that at least once a month now.

Apple juices are on me (champers is a no-no 'cos of my prescriptions) and I might even break out a J2O as my final celebration of the year!

Amanda - a Fitbit Inspire user since 29th September 2019
Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Congratulations @AmandaGeorge ! Thank you for sharing this wonderful achievement and let's us all celebrate with you. Hoping you have a blessed New Year filled with steps, laughter and fun. 

Marci | Bellevue, WA
Best Answer

Thank you so much, @MarciM - I've got to take things really really slowly so that I don't screw up the effort I've put in to get this far (I was blue-lighted to hospital on Christmas Day 2002) but things like this, which may not seem huge to healthy people, is like winning a marathon for me.  Thank you for your support, I'm not going to attempt it again until at least the middle to end of January now though  🙂

Best Answer

Congrats! That's awesome! Thanks for sharing with us. You should be proud!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Thank you, @WendyB !  Just our normal length this morning, but that's OK... we both need to recover from yesterday lol

Best Answer

AmandaGeorge   You can do it just take one day at a time. Also go at your own pace, you will reach

your goal. Don't give up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you @gnine - not going to do it again until the end of January so that my body can recover as much as possible, but I've done it once so I know how far I can realistically push my body now... just like with our Monday marathons that my body is used to now, I've just gotta keep on keeping on.  I know 5k steps isn't a lot to most of you, but it's huuuuge for me!  😄

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AmandaGeorge  happy new year to you and cheers on your accomplishments and future successes!!

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes