Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 custom exercise

ANSWERED

I'm on a new charge 5 and trying to get things set up. I found an answer about how to add custom exercises but I'm stuck on how to "categorize exercise". The answer lists charge 5 as one of the models covered.The poster says to finish the workout and sync. Then on the phone go to the exercise tile and choose the workout/outdoor workout. Near the top of the screen I am supposed to see Categorize exercise and I see no such thing. I only see icons for share, edit and trash. The poster from the community says I should find a search box where I am supposed to type in my activity and if it comes up to choose it. I did go to my computer and find where to add these on the Fitbit.com dashboard. I added mowing lawn, gardening and cleaning. I see shoveling is still there from when I added it on my charge 2. I've gone through two charge 4s both of which have broken off and fallen apart at the fitbit device. Thus my new charge 5. I'm currently on firmware version 57.20001.142.37. There is a notice that there is an update but I had to charge it and I'm trying to understand what I have before I update again. Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@feathers222  The Categorize exercise option on the mobile app got removed in an app update and Fitbit is aware of the issue.  There is no time frame announced for a fix.  You can still make changes on your web dashboard.  There is a current issue with the web dashboard.  Many users are seeing a blank main page.  I have it on two different browsers.  The top tabs still work.  You can tap on Log, then Activities, and see your usual page.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

@feathers222  The Categorize exercise option on the mobile app got removed in an app update and Fitbit is aware of the issue.  There is no time frame announced for a fix.  You can still make changes on your web dashboard.  There is a current issue with the web dashboard.  Many users are seeing a blank main page.  I have it on two different browsers.  The top tabs still work.  You can tap on Log, then Activities, and see your usual page.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Thank you for this information. I'll continue to log these various activities simply as workouts.

Best Answer