Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charity Miles app

Download the charity miles app and support great causes just by walking/running/biking! We're doing it anyway, so why not use our steps to help others as well? I came across this app on Instagram while scrolling throuh #nationalrunningday posts yesterday. Here's the link for more information:

charitymiles.org

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Great advice @SamsLaLa! I'm pretty sure this will benefit many people! Thanks for stopping by, see you around! Cat Very Happy

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Awesome, had forgotten about this, thanks for the reminder! I also use the Johnson & Johnson Donate a Photo app, if you take photos (of anything) check that one out 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
I use Donate a Photo as well! They are both great apps! 😊
Best Answer

I must remember to come back to these apps when I get my replacement phone. It's an excellent idea to help someone else whilst helping ourselves.

"Dieting is the only game where you win when you lose!"

Best Answer
0 Votes

We are trying to figure out how to add the charity miles app and also sink it with our fitbit users for a challenge at our local school. I was wondering if you could help us with this process? 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @ForbisClan. It's great to have you here. The app can be downloaded from the link @SamsLaLa left above at the bottom of her post.

This app uses either your phone's motion sensors or its GPS to track your steps. It cannot be synchronized with Fitbit trackers. You can find here the list of third party apps available to sync with Fitbit.

Catch you later. Smiley Happy

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer

I just heard about this today and I'm so in! Thx for spreading the word and the love! We could save the world with all our stepping!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wondering if there was any news on this.   I used the Charity Miles app awhile back but it kept randomly crashing out.  It was just frustrating to deal with so I uninstalled it.  If the two could work together to get connected, I wouldn't hesitate to redownload the app in a heartbeat.  

Best Answer

I do agree! It would be a great PR opportunity for Fitbit and we could do so much good. It just eats my battery to run both. I use the walking4fun website with virtual walks and somehow they sync with Fitbit although they aren't an app and you won't find them on the list Fitbit works with. So there must be a way. Would love to see Fitbit take initiative here...

Best Answer

Yes, Fitbit will have to work it out with them. This was shared on the Charity Miles Facebook recently "The issue is not the technology but the type of miles these are. The way Charity Miles gets sponsored miles is from members opening the app on their phone and seeing the sponsor. We need brands like Fitbit and Strava to sponsor these types of miles so we can pay our charities."

Binoy Xavier Joy
Best Answer

It certainly would be great to be able to sync my Fitbit Versa to Charity Miles! Carrying my phone isn't nearly as convenient.

Best Answer