Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chest strap for HR Integration?

Wahoo Tickr X is a little more money, however it has memory for phone-free workouts (swimming, HIIT, Insanity, etc) and will store up to 16 hours before you need to sync with phone. Lots of interesting features, running smoothness, stride rate, cycling cadence w/o footpod, ANT+ and BTLE to connect with watches/phones/etc.

http://www.wahoofitness.com/wahoo-tickr-x-heart-rate-strap.html

I've had TickrX since August and its worked perfectly for biking, spinning, and free weights. Will start swimming soon and plan to use phone-free workout mode to record HR during swim.

After sending my Force back in Sept must say I really miss the FitBit dashboard, if FitBit would integrate with chest HRM that would bring me back as my workouts now are interval training with heart rate spiking and then quickly falling back. I started my fitness journey with Flex, then Force, and at this point the all-day tracking isn't very useful as my workouts are intense and burn 900-2000 calories and that is the focus of my tracking/analysis.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25

Wow, if that's what you got out of my comment and what you assumed from it, perhaps that's why you missed some of the pertitent info in reviews that shared how the device worked for them, and in some cases didn't work well.

Not sure where I even said I was talking to you, I was commenting on the truthfulness of the comment preceeding mine. As shown in many topics as I mentioned.

Sorry it hit too close to home for you I guess.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same result here.... you need a chest strap for intense fitness for sure.Very dissappointing that they marketed it as a fitness watch. Completely innacurate heart rate readings.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too am having Charge HR accuracy issues during intense exercise - although mine is for reasons that are unique to me.  I am mobility impaired so I use a vitaglide for my cardio workouts.  It is very intensive in arm movements and that is the only time I see inaccuracies with the charge...sky rockets to 150-180 when it should be 100-110.  I've tried a sweatband with varying degrees of success but ultimately I just decided to get a polar cheststrap for my workouts.   I have digifit with polar sensor and fitbit integrated.  Fitbit pulls in the workouts from digifit so basically I have two - which of course one will be deleted. However, in the digifit dashboard, I see an accurate heartrate and graph but when I look at the fitbit dashboard, I see two identical workouts and graphs utilizing only the charge hr data.  I was expecting to see the hr graph from digifit in the digifit workout.  I tried an experiment and took off the Charge during a digifit workout.  Again the workout was pulled in but no heartrate graph.  Am I missing a step to get all the data from digifit to pull in properly to fitbit.  Thanks in advance to anyone who has insight or tips to get this working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

More than 9 months that i have begged for a compatibility with Bluetooth Heart Rate Chest Straps! And nothing has changed, no updates !!! It's not that complicated to open the pairing compatibility ...

Stop adding social features and focus on adding real features like the pairing with Heart Rate Chest Straps like Polar H7 to improve HR accuracy during strength trainings!!

I use daily a FitBit Charge HR and the heart rate with 2 FitBit Charge HR are awful during strength trainings like crossfit, strength and conditioning trainings, weight lifting etc And most of the time, the heart rate does not show up!

Please Please Please!! I'm waiting since a loooooooooong time now!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@julienbraidacom in not sure who you are addressing this area of Fitbit is mostly for and read by fellow users of Fitbit products.

If your interested in requesting an integration between Polar and Fitbit, I suggest you go to the Feature Request Board and doing a search.

I did and find in Dec of 2014 this was requested. 

On can here you now, 10 months and Fitbit hasn't done anything about it. That's right in these 20 months only 24 people are interested enough to vote for it. 

About these other features that where added, this is what happens when requests receive hundreds it not a thousands of votes.

My suggestion would be to go here add your vote, then get all your friends with Polar chest straps to help upvote it. You might also put a link in your sig.

Best Answer
Considering the fact that the formula for calorie burn related to HR is
totally invalid for non-steady-state non-aerobic exercise that strength
training should be - why would it matter if HR is accurately seen.

For a good resistance training workout - you are pushing as hard as you can
with fresh muscles - while HR may give indication if you were truly using
fresh muscles or not - after a bit of experience most people can tell
easily if that is the case.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.
Best Answer
0 Votes