Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community, my force is charging right now, but why is it displaying that i'm burning calories?

ANSWERED

It's litrally charging on my computer, but so far I have managed to burn 33 calories? I mean cool! but is it supposed to be sening calories burned when it's not even on my wrist?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Yes.

Based on your profile data (gender, age, weight, etc) it estimates your "Basal Metabolic Rate" aka BMR, which is the estimated number of calories your body will burn at rest.  In other words, your body will burn that many calories in a day just keeping you alive and your organs functioning.  Fitbit's will prorate this value across the day and include the portion of BMR you have already burned.

For example, my BMR is rougly 2000 calories/day.  So that works out to nearly 1.4 calories per minute just for being alive (2000 / 24 hours / 60 minutes = 1.388 calories per minute).  So 30 minutes past midnight the Fitbit will include (in my case) 30 * 1.388 = 42 calories in addition to any calories attributed to walking or other activity.

It calculates and includes the BMR based on the clock time and your profile data, regardless of if the Fitbit remained motionless the entire time.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Yes.

Based on your profile data (gender, age, weight, etc) it estimates your "Basal Metabolic Rate" aka BMR, which is the estimated number of calories your body will burn at rest.  In other words, your body will burn that many calories in a day just keeping you alive and your organs functioning.  Fitbit's will prorate this value across the day and include the portion of BMR you have already burned.

For example, my BMR is rougly 2000 calories/day.  So that works out to nearly 1.4 calories per minute just for being alive (2000 / 24 hours / 60 minutes = 1.388 calories per minute).  So 30 minutes past midnight the Fitbit will include (in my case) 30 * 1.388 = 42 calories in addition to any calories attributed to walking or other activity.

It calculates and includes the BMR based on the clock time and your profile data, regardless of if the Fitbit remained motionless the entire time.

Best Answer