Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compression socks for jogging

I have been walking for the last 4 months and recently started trying to pop in a jog as well.  I am still 278lbs and have APS and now on meds as I have mild arrhythmia(recently diagnosed). 

As part of my APS I suffered 2 DVT from Groin to upper thigh. This has affected left leg circulation and so I require grade 2 compression stockings as a rule.  But I have found that still my left leg is getting really tired and sore.  My stockings also bunch up when I jog, so I am looking for suggestions for knee-high compression stockings for larger legs that provide at least class 2 and are for larger legs. 

I am aware that it could be that my calves have decreased in the last 4 months and so I am getting less compression, but I cannot get new stockings for a month on prescription.So I need to try buy something. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

I am 280 lbs and was on a low compression for years, but am now on Medium (15-20 mmHg) and bought these last week on amazon and both work well, but like the more expensive (of course) better. Both are comfortable and easy enough to get on.....13.99 for 3 pair: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07552F971/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1    and 16.20 for one pair: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B000A33KU4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Best Answer
0 Votes

At chemist warehouse they sell compression knee highs which I found useful - THERAFIRM Therapeutic Gradient Compression Hosiery in sizes from small to large.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been experimenting with compression socks and am now up to 20-25 mmHg and have discovered Bombas compression socks.  They are not rated, but feel like this compression. They are a bit expensive, but sometimes have a 20% sale...they wash well (cold water) and drip dry.  They have lasted 3 mo now, and have not lost their compression.

Best Answer
0 Votes