Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dizziness when working out :(

ANSWERED

Hi guys, looking for a bit of advice. I have always been active but now when working out (in the gym), I have had to stop before the end of my workout because I feel so dizzy and sick. I have tried eating different things before the gym - large meal to small meal, protein shakes to fruit - nothing seems to be taking the dizziness away. It's really affecting my workouts, like I said I can't even finish them most of the time. I'm starting to worry incase it's something more medically wrong...

Is there any suggestions to what may be causing it and how I might be able to overcome it?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@dockyx

I would suggest visiting a doctor. We can only guess at what could be wrong. Seeing you did those work outs before without getting dizzy and sick, I would recommend having it checked out. Might just be something minor, but better to be sure than having to worry.

Karolien | The Netherlands

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

@dockyx

I would suggest visiting a doctor. We can only guess at what could be wrong. Seeing you did those work outs before without getting dizzy and sick, I would recommend having it checked out. Might just be something minor, but better to be sure than having to worry.

Karolien | The Netherlands

Best Answer

Thanks, yeah I think I probably should get it checked just to make sure.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree with seeing the Dr. too but is there a chance that you're just stopping your workout way too fast? Have you tried shortening the time a bit and GRADUALLY slowing the last 10 minutes in a cool down? It could just be you"re stopping too quickly and your BP isn't having enough time to adjust. Plus, are you well hydrated. Good Luck!

Best Answer

Thanks for your advice, I went to the doctor and he gave me medication for vertigo so hopefully this will help. Will try your advice in the meantime but hopefully taking it easy will help it out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I use this device sometimes to just see my blood oxygen levels.  It may help you. You can get different brands also.   https://www.amazon.com/Santamedical-Generation-SM-165-Fingertip-Saturation/dp/B00R59OTOC/ref=sr_1_1_...

Best Answer
0 Votes