Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone out there do Crossfit?

This morning's Crossfit WOD was 90 boxjumps, 90 Kettlebell swings and 90 Toes to Bar and my fitbit recorded light activty and 300 or so steps.  ARE YOU KIDDING?  this was a serious workout that took 25 minutes.   How do you determine how many calories you burn on something like that?

Best Answer
28 REPLIES 28

Because there are SO MANY exercises with Crossfit, I would recommend the manual logging features of the Charge 2 over the Alta HR. The Alta HR is a great tracker, but the C2 is more geared towards workouts.

Yes, some of us do Crossfit. We're the ones complaining about losing heart rate signal during cleans and snatches! 😛

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

you don't, but just keep training crossfit. incorporate a little in every exercise regiment you do. its the best.

Best Answer
0 Votes

burpeeeees. yay

Best Answer
0 Votes

Been doing it for a few months now! I find that my FitBit at least recognizes when I'm in a high calorie burn, even if I'm not running. Sure, it doesn't accurately snag my highest heart rates, but it at least gives me a general sense of when I'm really gassed and when I'm not.

I also hope the powers that be can make it a bit more accurate for workouts such as these, but for now, I'll keep killing myself on WODs...

Best Answer
0 Votes

http://www.calories-calculator.net/Calories_Burned_By_Heart_Rate.html

Try ray a calculator based on your average heart rate or pic a few heart rate zones you’ve hit and play around with it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Charge 3 and I set my Fitbit to track weight exercise before my workout and I feel it gives me a good count. I also think it does a good job of tracking the after burn of a CF workout.

Best Answer

I just switched to a Charge 3.  I thought I was tracking lifting but forgot to "finish"!  I'm 72 and have been doing CF for about a year and a half.  Love it and have gained so much strength and balance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Blancomario wrote:

I also think it does a good job of tracking the after burn of a CF workout.

Just curious: how would you know about that?

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

This is just my guess, but I look at how the Charge 3 counts my calories and how fast they go up on workout days vs rest days.

I do a workout in the morning and CrossFit in the afternoon on workdays. For example, after my morning workout while I am making breakfast and eating it, I can see my calories go up "fast". But in my rest days, I can see a much "slower" count.

Best Answer