Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doing Insanity at 48, diabetic, high bp

So I have started Insanity, or more specific I asked a friend if he was using Insanity anymore and he said, and gladly handed over his discs to me, now I know why.  I have to admit I am out of shape and dragging myself to do the workouts.  I asked my friend how he and his wife got through the workouts and he repsoneded a lot of crying.  I am sore and I am sleeping bettter. I check my sugars before I workout and adjust my level.  I try and hit my target zone, thanks to my charge hr I can see what I am doing and addig my meals and fluid intake.  Good news I have lost 3  pounds and not able to change to much of my food intake.  I am eating smaller meals and feel better.   Anyother diabetics out there and are in need of support I am here. 

Scott  in Ca

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Congrats! Insanity is hard so good for you sticking with it!

WTG on the loss as well! Woot!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Wendy,

Thanks for responding,
I am going to keep pressing on and I am excited about the outcome. See you
on the other side.

Scott
Best Answer
0 Votes

Insanity brings out the best in everyone. I am really impressed with the determination.  Woman Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am 52. I am a diabetic type 1. I have tried insanity. It does live up to its name. 🙂 I stopped it. I tried also PX90. No way! I have heart problems too. I have gotten into the Beyond Diet and it has changed my life. I eat almost no carbs. I keep my food intake with MyFitnessPal. I am a weight-lifter so I keep my meals on target most of the time. I used to be almost 200 lbs with a small frame of five feet. I am now under 126. I do a little cardio by walking. Recently, I tried FitStar created by FitBit. It is good. It's not as crazy as Insanity and it regulates calories burnt and time spent. The best of it? It's free. Download the app or go online by going to FitStar.com. I control my blood sugars quite well using Dexcom meter. Yet, I keep sugar under control following my diet of low carbs. The bad carbs that is because veggies and fruits are carbs too. My weight-lifting? I joined bodybuilding.com. It has tremendous support plus, every one is a fitness fanatic so they keep you going. Join me on Fitbit, MyFitnessPal and BodySpace which is the community in Bodybuilding.com. Good luck. Keep in touch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes