Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receptionist trying to get back into the game

I rarely move during work now that I have a desk job. I used to work at Mcdonalds and was on the go all the time because it was always busy. Now I get 5,000 - 6,000 steps on a good day. Are there any tips on how to get those extra steps? 

Also looking for any dieting/healthy eating tips. Trying to stay in my calorie range is easy at the office, but once I get home it's all down hill from there. 

Also looking for a friend to maybe help me stay in check? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Take the long way to the bathroom or to get water.

Being a receptionist you probably cant get up and move every hour.

Can you walk at Lunch?

See this thread for friends. Tell you how to add in first post

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Be-Inspired/Looking-for-Fitbit-Friends-Find-some-here/td-p/1257283

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Yep, like Wendy said you just have to get as many places as you can the long way. You can also go walking or to the gym after work to get some movement into your day. Most of my steps are done after work because I have a sedentary day as well. You can also check out the eat well forum for meal ideas.

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tips I've learned are:  drinking a lot of water = a lot of trips to the restroom (the one farthest from you.. got one upstairs?). If possible, look into a stand-up desk. Got a long phone call? Stand up. Stretch often - I've created mid-morning and afternoon reminders on my Fitbit to remind me.

Best Answer
0 Votes