Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabled Community - Disabilities Welcome!

I was just thinking about how nice it would be to have a little corner of the internet for those of us with disabilities to chat and encourage one another. Feel free to chime in!

I'm Ashleigh, turning 26 next week, and I lost my left foot and ankle due to a birth defect. Between medications, bad prosthetic fittings, and mental health, I have become squishy. Quarantine hasn't helped either. I'm working on my weight in a light, positive way. I deal with the frustrations of exercise resources being targeted for people that have all their limbs intact. I adapt my way through what I need to get done and find ways to lose weight that work for me!

I love to chat, I'm super friendly, and I would love to get to know more people here that are working on their fitness in their own, unique way.

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

@AmandaGeorge That's no fun! I use the bullet journal method to keep track of things. My memory isn't the best, partially because of my attention defecit issues. I find ways to make it work! bulletjournal.com, highly recommend the method. Hopefully all the test results are okay! Don't worry too much, that's a lot to deal with, slow and steady, get back to where you want to be. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you @aeaston12 - I rely on reminders on my phone and computer for the most essential things like downing all my pills and appointments and stuff... no fun to have to take 8 pills every day, at three different times lol

Amanda - a Fitbit Inspire user since 29th September 2019
Best Answer
0 Votes

@AmandaGeorge That's so tough! I tried to use phone reminders, but I often end up swiping them away or clearing them. I use alarms for a few things I need to remember throughout the day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@aeaston12 - I swiped the reminders away too, initially, but I feel rotten without all my pills so quickly learnt not to do that any more! 🤣

Amanda - a Fitbit Inspire user since 29th September 2019
Best Answer
0 Votes