Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fall Detection Feature in Fitbit Watches?

Hi.. 

I would like to ask Fitbit community.. if it is planning on adding fall detection feature to its newly launching watches or to the previous ones?

Is Fitbit community working on any project similar to this?

Thankyou in advance for letting me know 🙂

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Sabs123 I think it is a good idea! Why not post it in Feature suggestions ? The more votes it gets the more likely it is to happen.

As to whether it is on the drawing board already, Fitbit are unlikely to say

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I never even considered it a thing until I read your post. I looked up which have the feature as automatic and it seems like only 2 currently do and the rest have I guess like an alert button that needs to be pushed. Either way, I think it is a great idea. I hope you take Nelly's advice and add it to the features board. 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

The fall detection feature simply adds a Floor when you get up again and start walking - the number of floors that appear are a good indication of the amount of the fall and your ability to get back up again.  I got 5 Floors this morning but I only fell over once into a ditch in my 5am pre-sunrise walk - I thought I would be OK because it's a full moon but it was a rough job climbing out and back onto the path.

Best Answer