Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First tracker coming soon, and it's a Fitbit!

Hello, I hope this is the right place where to post this, I couldn't find any section for introductions!

Please call me Inari and I'm very excited about my first Fitbit, an Alta HR, that will arrive tomorrow! I've been debating a lot between the Alta HR and the Charge 2 and in the end I went for the thinner one of the two.

I apologize in advance if this post will be a bit long..

The main reason being that I want to wear it and to forget of it, I've been reading a lot and watching lots of videos and the few additional features that the Charge 2 has weren't worth (just to me and the use I will make of it) having a bigger band on my wrist.

I will mostly go outside for a walk or for a run and I won't need a super precise reading of my outdoor activities, I'm also aware that in the rare occasions that I will go outside to bike (or if I really want a more precise tracking) I can use MobileRun to sync my app with the GPS of my phone.

But anyway, the reason why I got a Fitbit is because I tend to lazy and my hobbies are all about indoor, non moving activities.. my weight is okay, but I'm TOTALLY out of tone!

One thing that I would like to point out is that my phone is an Asus Zenfone 2 Laser which isn't listed at all in the compatibility list of the website. It currently runs Android 6.0.1 and I tested if my Bluetooth was BLE compatible by using two apps for testing it.. and they both say that my device supports BLE. I will keep you posted about if the app and the tracker both work fine with this phone.

And no, that wasn't all I had to say!

I got an additional tracker, this time a Fitbit Alta (non HR) for my mom as I found a good deal on it. She got a Motorola Moto G which, according to the website, is fully compatible.

My mom isn't aware that I got her a tracker but she has a serious weight issue and I hope this will help her to improve her lifestyle. The reason why I got her the Alta is that, when I was choosing mine, she liked the design of that one too. I don't think she will need the HR feature, at least for now.. I will be trying to make it as easy and as fun as possible for her. Unluckily I'm not sure if the Alta will make it here by Friday or if the "surprise" will have to be postponed to next week.

One last note: my mom recently "discovered" Whatsapp and she's quite enthusiast of it (**ahem** she got a lot more friends there than I xD) as her phone runs Android 5.1 she should be able to receive Whatsapp notifications on her Alta, right?

I'm happy to be part of this community, the forum has already helped me a lot!

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the forums!

I am glad you are excited about the new trackers coming for both you and your Mom.

The whats app should work.

Being how your phone is not on the list all features might not work. But you can always set it up on the computer if that's the case.

Hope to see you around the forums! Join in on the discussions forums!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you WendyB!

I had some trouble with that account so I had to ask for its deletion but I'm back with this (very similar name anyway).

I'm waiting for the Fitbit to arrive, could be any second to any hour from now and I'm really excited.

I read on the forum that some people were able to use the app on their Asus Zenfone 2 (mine's an Asus Zenfone 2 Laser).. some of them were posts from quite long ago so I hope that with time things only got better. If my phone works, I'll make sure to test everything for some days before declaring it 100% compatible, anyway I will make the forum know.

♥ Alta HR ♥ Moto G5 ♥
Best Answer
0 Votes

Congratulations, @InariKitsune on your new FitBit! What are your initial thoughts? I am myself awaiting my replacement Alta and know how the eager wait can be. Add me as friend if you would like to try some challenges together. 

Best Answer
0 Votes