Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit 6

I have a Fitbit 6.  I purchased it because it was compatible with water sports.  I do water aerobics and as anyone else knows if you have a Fitbit 6, you have to use the Water Lock option.  However, when I do that, my exercise is not logged.  

Does anyone with a Fitbit 6 have any ideas or any other options besides adding it manually?

Does anyone know what will happen if I DON'T use the Water Lock option?

Thanks out there.

Terri

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

If you don't use water lock then water will interact with screen (random touches). Water lock is nothing more but a method to disable touch screen input.

If you use water lock from the settings menu then you will rely on autodetecting of your activity and that (most likely) not work for water aerobic.

Charge 6 supports some water sports but only for swimming it enables water lock. For anything else it keeps touch screen enabled. It means random interactions (including pausing or stopping your activity) may happen if the watch is submerged or any water is on the screen.

The support for water activities is rather poor and not well designed. Not the greatest device for thay purpose.

Best Answer