Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Friends or Group

Hello! I bought myself a Fitbit for my birthday and would like to make some friends or join a group for encouragement/accountability. I had a Fitbit years ago, but old community contacts seem to have been lost. I am 44 with about 100 pounds to lose, two teenagers, and an office job. I live in Florida but glad we can gain support from anywhere, let me know if you may need the same.

Best Answer
32 REPLIES 32

Hi Amanda! Lovely to meet you. I've been using my Fitbit for some time now (it's still a Versa), but gained a lot of weight during the pandemic and due to emotional eating. I have to lose more or less the same amount of weight as you do!

My name is Esra, I live in Switzerland and work an office job as well during the day and I'm 32 years old with no children. I came here specifically to look for other people as well for support and accountability. I'll add you, but you don't have to accept if you don't want to. Btw: I'm Muslim and wear a headscarf, so just a heads up if that's a problem for you. + (I have a bunch of achievements of my profile that say I have lost weight, which aren't true, it was a mistake and I couldn't get rid of them so far). 

If anyone else that sees this wants to add me, feel free to do so!, I also speak Turkish, German/Swiss-German and French.

Best Answer

Well, turns out me trying to add you doesn't work, if you'd like to add me and can, then be my guest! I guess there's a bug with adding people, I've googled a bit and it looks like it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

We'll shoot, I'm having the same problem! I can get to your profile, but see no way to add you. If anyone has a tip or trick please let us know! I will continue to try to work it out though to add! Lovely to meet you as well!

Update: I think I was able to send a request using your username. Let me know! 🙂

Best Answer

I didn't receive anything:( But I just found out a way to set an username in the app and I called myself hummussalad (it's kind of a lazy nickname but I've got no idea how to call myself lol). Apparently I didn't have an username before, maybe you need to set your username in the app as well? Look here: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1294.htm

Maybe you used a capital H and added Hummussalad? Maybe that's the case.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello guys. You doing well with that Fitbit challenge with creating Usernames. Just let them know each other and send requests.

Best Answer

You're the first request I got! I accepted and it worked, thank you and great that it seems to be somewhat possible!

Best Answer

I’m in Fl also.  Add me

Best Answer

Thanks all for the help! I tried again to add all using usernames and updated my own. Add EvenOddsFL if you need some friends too.

Best Answer

it worked, lovely!

Best Answer

Hi Amanda, I'm from Florida too and am looking for some new friends.

Best Answer

Feel free to add me.

Best Answer

You need to create an app username to accept friend requests

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello!

I am also looking to add some more friends to my Fitbit stuff to help motivate me and check in and see what everyone else is up too and what's working for them ect! Add me too! My user name on the app is Kimberley R. (Don't forget the period at the end!)

Best Answer

@Kimberley-R wrote:

Hello!
My user name on the app is Kimberley R. (Don't forget the period at the end!)

Hello and welcome Kimberley!
Nope, it is your real name. You didnt create Username yet. So no one can send you friend requests right now (((( ... Just create it at app profile!  

Best Answer

Hi! I would like friends too! ^_^ I just started today! Please add user name eyesontheprize

thank you!

Best Answer

Thanks for this update. Just added you all waiting to be friends with you guys. Mine is richbenn 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi how did you get this to work?

I have had messages asking me to add people on the app but I just get a message saying that the person doesn't exist. I've been trying for days to add people and I've got nowhere so far.

TIA

CarlaJ26

Best Answer

I just sent you a message, hope it helps! 🙂

Best Answer
I just tried to add you as a friend using your username. I used Carlaj and
it sent you a request notification.
Best Answer