Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit causing pain

OK, I accept the fact that individuals are convinced that wearing their Fitbit has or is causing them various levels of pain in their wrists and elbows and other symptoms, one individual insisted that the watch is dangerous.  I do accept some individuals have experienced skin problems when or after wearing their Fitbit.  The solution is stop wearing it, send it back for a refund, end of problem.

If I bought a pair of shoes and every time I put them on my feet hurt, would I keep wearing them?  No, I'd take them back.  If I got a new pair of glasses and every time I wore them I got a head ache, would I keep wearing them?  No I'd take them back.  People whether I agree with your opinions or not, use some common sense, if your perception is that the watch is the cause of all your problems, stop wearing it, send it back, and your problem is solved.

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

Based on your previous posts in another thread, would you just be convinced your new shoes, glasses, etc., hurt? Wouldn't we be justified in calling you a crazy conspiracist? Why are you the only one is sane. 

Best Answer
GershonSurge: I would be a conspiracy theorist if I suggested all shoes of
this brand were bad, or all glasses bought from this Optician were bad. My
point, once again, if your perception that a particular product is causing
you pain or is harming your body, take it off and return it. To SandyD74,
who blames the Fitbit for her hair falling out, look up Alopecia on the
internet, instead of blaming her Fitbit, Fitbit stated their product
operates far below FCC compliance levels. This is my last post on this
thread, because the complaints have become inane, mundane and quite
boring. Let me reiterate once more, if you are sure your Fitbit is harming
your body, take it off and send it back. I will accept that some
individuals may be allergic to their Fitbit causing various skin reactions,
the solution is the same, take it off send it back. Enough said. Good-by!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Corney,

I didn't see Sandy blame the Fitbit for her hair falling out. At least you learned. You ended with what Sandy actually did. And she didn't even go to a doctor!

Best Answer
0 Votes

GershonSurge:  Read Sandy'd post dated 10-13-2016, I found it on the internet discussing an electromagnetic field surrounding a Fitbit.  I couldn't make something like this up!  I'm glad she got rid of her Fitbit.

Best Answer

GershonSurge: I was using those two as an example to explain a simple solution to a product that might cause you pain, don't wear them and take them back.  Do you honestly believe all those people who have posted their complaints of wrist and elbow pain.  The fact that the pain lessened when they moved their Fitbit to the other wrist, but then reoccured in the other wrist or elbow.  I will stop right there.

Best Answer
0 Votes

wrote:

GershonSurge:  Read Sandy'd post dated 10-13-2016, I found it on the internet discussing an electromagnetic field surrounding a Fitbit.  I couldn't make something like this up!  I'm glad she got rid of her Fitbit.

How much voltage and amps are in your nerves? Is it more or less than the Fitbit?

Best Answer
0 Votes
GershonSurge: I don't know, why don't you tell me.
Best Answer
0 Votes

wrote:
GershonSurge: I don't know, why don't you tell me.

I'm too busy practicing to walk 50,000 steps a day.

Best Answer

Well I'm no Doctor or even a scientist (even if I did pass high school physics) and while I am loathe to outright dismiss the possibility that some users do feel pain, I do have a theory as to the cause.  It is the sudden and continuous lifting and turning of ones wrist to check ones current total step count, heart rate, stairs climbed or and combination of the previously mentioned.

When one wears a normal time telling watch ones tends to check the time only a few times a day.  When one starts to wear a fitness tracker one tends to check the device up to 100 times a minute (might be a slight exaggeration there) This of course can result in what is commonly called R.S.I or Repetitive Strain Injury, recently the domain of typists and us poor lonely guys without girlfriends.  Now however the honor of such a syndrome also belongs to the Fitness fanatic with a Smart Fitness Tracking Watch 😉 😉 

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner

I think you might have a good cause for some people. I've had my Charge 2 since Dec 2016 and haven't had any problems. In December, I had a reaction to a drug that caused edema (swelling) in my hands, especially my left hand. I had lost most of the feeling in my left pinky and ring finger. It was also sensitive to cold.

About a half hour ago, I realized I often rested my left wrist on the edge of the desk -- right on the Charge 2. I moved it to my right hand and the tingling is disappearing. 

I noticed the corner of the clasp is right between the two tendons on the wrist. This may explain the pain for people who have pain running up the arm.

As I was typing this, I realized I no longer have trouble sensing the keys I press with my left pinky and ring finger. 

Best Answer