Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit workout need help

Hello there

new to Fitbit and very happy to be here. I bought a Charge 4 because I wanted to track both walking/running and workouts. I am now a member of Nerd Fitness and I am doing some bodyweight excercises, like push up, squats, but also things like walking on the ground with hands or on walls.. I don't know if I explained well the kind of excercises I am doing. Anyway for letting my Fitbit track a thing like this... what kind of excercise do I have to choose from the menu? Circuit? Or generic Excercise? Or maybe I could use the Fitbit app workout and set the one that is closer to what I have done?

Thank you so much for your help and a big hello to everyone!

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

The selection of an exercise name, or customizing one of your own to select - is merely for the purpose of you ability to view that name in the Exercise diary for review.

It has no bearing on anything else, correctly or incorrectly HR will be used to calculate a calorie burn (it's not measured, it's calculated), so the name is for you to review it easier and perhaps compare workouts down the road when looking at progress.

Circuit is with weights, it's call it Calisthenics. You can also add notes to the Activity Record - that's what it is called.

Frankly if there is a name of a specific workout you might find useful to compare down the road when you do it again - rename it when finished.

I'd suggest even name it with a couple details in it so you can scan down past workouts and see something meaningful right there.

Like "NF - lower focus - 2 min - avgHR 150"

Or whatever is useful.

Now when you scan down the workouts in the future, you can visually see, wow, that Nerd Fitness workout I used to only do the routines for 2 min, and avg HR was 150, now I did 3 min and avg HR was 140, I'm really getting stronger and fitter!

Feels good to see progress - because the workout if done right should feel just as hard at the time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.
Best Answer

Wow thank you, I didn't know I could rename the workouts. How do I do that? Can't find a way to change the name to my registered workouts. Thank you very much you've been really helpful, I didn't understand the mechanics of the tracking at all. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Heybales no one could have explained it better. Thank you for sharing this valuable information. I'm pretty sure that this info will help many users.

In addition, I'd like to share this help article, which explains how your Fitbit device tracks your workouts.

See you guys around.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes