Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yoga for beginners

Hi everyone! I'd like to start in the Yoga world but I don't have any experience or knowledge about it.

What exercises would you guys recommend to a beginner like me in order to start practicing Yoga without getting injured since it turned out that I have a lumbar hernia.

See you guys around.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi, @JuanJoFitbit! Very exciting to get into yoga. Honestly, especially with an injury, my recommendation would be to go to a class at least once if you can. Talk to the instructor before the class and explain your injury, they can help guide you through proper positioning and make recommendations for alternate poses or give you a heads up for poses to avoid. If you are going to do it on your own, go slowly! I like the app down dog for guided solo practice. There are settings in there to customize your experience by level and focus.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MakMak, wow, incredible advice. I'll definitely get in touch with a local instructor since you are right about getting injured if I do it on my own and start doing poses that require a lot of body effort.

I appreciate your help my friend. You rock! 😀

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes