Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Favorite tunes while running

Hi everyone! I created a playlist on Spotify for my running exercises with tunes that motivate me to go out and run like Forrest Gump ha ha ha.

What are your favorite songs that motivate and encourage you to exercise? I have a lot but one of those is Jump by Van Halen.

I'd like to know yours so I can add them on my playlist! 😀

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

I have a lot!  In fact, I have an entire playlist dedicated to running.  Most of it is dance, EDM, electronic music like Swedish House Mafia, Calvin Harris, Avicii.  But I do have some rock on there, like "Thunderstruck" by AC/DC and "Kickstart My Heart" by Motley Crue.  

It's a pretty eclectic mix.  Anything that gets my heart rate pumping!

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

I am actually an odd ball when it comes to music and running. I don't like it. I can hear my heartbeat in my ears when I listen to music and it throws me off my pace and breathing. So I enjoy my own company, thoughts, speeches that I should have made, ted talks I will never deliver and plan outfits I will wear till 2075

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Heather-S, that't awesome! I love Kickstart My Heart hahaha. I also enjoy listening to electronic music as well such as House, it's so relaxing.

@emili, you have a point and you are right since listening to your heartbeat can affect the breathing and pace. I listen to music but when my ears hurt due to the earbuds, I take them off.

Even though I'm a melomaniac, I also try to avoid listening after 5 songs because outdoors running makes you to pop up the volume and that can cause hearing issues in the future.

It's great see different points of view about this topic.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer