Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fighting against the "Top 5 Excuses for Not Exercising"

How many times have you hear the following excuses to avoid exercising? Or even worse, how many times have you said an excuse to avoid working out? I'm sure I'm not alone in this. 😁

• EXCUSE #1: I'm too tired to exercise.
  • EXCUSE #2: I can't afford a gym.
  • EXCUSE #3: I don't have time. ...
  • EXCUSE #4: I need to be motivated to exercise.
  • EXCUSE #5: I’m too old/fat/uncoordinated/embarrassed to exercise.

To fight against "EXCUSE #1", I try to eat healthy on that specific day and try to begin my workout routine with low intensity exercises. You need to know yourself and recognize what things make you tired, it might be consuming too many refined carbs or not getting enough sleep the night before. Think positive and take one day at a time. And remember: Don't stop when you're tired. Stop when you're done.

Can you help me to fight with the rest of excuses? Pick one of the above or let's battle with the one is bothering you the most!

Image result for fitbit

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Excuse #4- Motivation

Motivation is an emotion that comes and goes similar to happy, sad, angry, etc. Motivation alone is not enough to get anyone to exercise past the moment that you feel motivated or inspired to. Consistency, commitment, habit and aspiration is what makes someone continue on the path to good health. As much as motivation is attached to emotion, the list above is rooted in verbs which is what makes action. When you aspire to something, you create a plan of action- verbs. The 2 C's are rooted in verbs that change behavior and habit is the goal. When it becomes the same as going to bed, brushing your teeth, washing your hands and kissing your kids, you have made it. 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

Wow @emili loved your concept about motivation. 😍 I agree with you, I think that motivation is a pathway to change our way of thinking, feeling, and behaving. It drives us to success and push ourselves to improve everything that we do. As you said motivation is an emotion, physiological theories suggest that responses within the body are responsible for emotions as well and neurological theories propose that activity within the brain leads to emotional responses. So everything is connected in one way or another and bringing a positive attitude to each task is an important key to stay in this state of mind. Thank you for sharing! 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes