Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum question

So does everyone have the "60 plus" thread pinned to the top of their forum or is it just me?  

Mary | USA

Fitbit One

Still seeking answers? The Fitbit help articles are a great place to look.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

I dont think it is Pinned. I have seen it move down. I think its a hot topic and moves up when someone replies. I could br wrong though.

But I have seen it not be at the top

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

It's what is called a "sticky" post and will be at the top, but I've noticed it's repeated later on as a "non sticky" and moves around. (It might be a "startup bug" of the new forums, as it should probably only appear as a "sticky") .  Pinned posts are often posts that a individual poster "pins" to stay around.  (at least that's how I understand the difference!)

When you see a post with the coloring as this one does in other areas, they too are "stickys" and will always appear at the top.  It's a way for the mods to "promote" certain threads to make sure people aways see them, even if there are 1000 threads.

It's a new feature of these forums.  For example, in the product specific help sections, there is a "sticky" with how to get help and that has links to the manual, etc...)

It's "sticky" because it "sticks" on top!

Best Answer

Thanks!  I understand sticky posts.  I wasn't sure why it's a sticky (really, what percent of us are over 60?) and why it appears twice in the list.  I thought I might've made it stuck up there for me, but I set another to 'float to the top" and it sits below it.  No biggie, just curious.  Smiley Happy

Mary | USA

Fitbit One

Still seeking answers? The Fitbit help articles are a great place to look.

Best Answer
0 Votes

We will ocasionally "sticky" certain topics to highlight them, so that they are easily found. The thread you mentioned was particularly active on the previous forum, so we wanted to make sure it could continue here on the new forum.  You may see other threads get stickied on occasion, so that they can get extra exposure.

When a post is stickied, it will appear twice in the listing - it still moves around as a normal post on the board, and the sticky at the top is like a shortcut directly to it.  We appreciate your feedback on this, and may change its behavior in the future.

Best Answer
0 Votes