Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get movings original goal

ANSWERED

This forums's original goal was to share ideas about getting moving, sweating, sharing tips, and finding advice for reaching your personal goals.  It was a forum designed to encourage and motivate users to change sedentary behaviors to become more active by delivering instant feedback to encourage motivation.  This motivation should have come from the individual themselves, from seeing a loss of body fat(not weight loss), from a lowering of their resting heart rate, signaling their heart has become a more efficient pump, from logging increased steps per day, from burning more calories then they consume, and from them feeling more positive about themselves.  What a person feels about themselves is more motivating than comparing themselves against some unrealistic step count.  This forum has sunk to the level of debating whether Fitbit causes wrist pain, carpal tunnel, stenosing tenosynovitis, or elbow pain, put forth by individuals without medial or scientific evidence, debating about the plausibility of individuals averaging 65K to 100K steps per day, to the efficacy of vaccines to rather someone read about 8 year old children shooting semi-automatic weapons or automatic weapons. Please return to the original concept of this forum, let's get people moving so they will enjoy a more productive life, forget artificial step counts, because the only person that can motivate  a person is themselves.  I exercised today because it made me feel good yesterday, and the only reason I will exercise tomorrow is because it me feel good today.  Ignore the ground noise, concentrate on what's important, lets all get moving !

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Thank you for this @Corney  and you're right. So often we take our eyes off the goal and miss opportunities along the way. Time to think positive and move forward.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
Odyssey13: Amen!
Best Answer
0 Votes

So, what’s your best tip?  

For me, it is finding a friend to help keep me going.  When she is running out of energy I encourage her, and she does the same for me.  Over the years we have run together, biked together, gone to the gym together.  Sometimes I push her, and sometimes she pushes me, but doing it together makes it so much more fun and we both get fitter and stronger.

(And, shhhhhhh, when we are done, we often have a nice lunch with a glass of wine - but don’t tell anyone that!)

The friendship and the promise of lunch keeps me going.  What works for you?

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

@Corney  good advise 😁

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

@Corney this is the best post you have ever made.. 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer