Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting your daily burn

What exactly does this mean? I use to watch The Biggest Loser, and I've heard trainers asking the contestants if there were meeting their daily burn. Is that the calories burned section we see in our Fitbit Dashboard, or is this something totally different.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

I wouldn't take anything on the Biggest Loser and even remotely realistic.  However, some people pay more attention to calories burned than steps.  I'm actually one of them.  I aim for burning 3500 calories a day.  It gives me a better feel for how well I'm moving.  My personal goal is to keep the calories burned up as I lose weight.  This was easier when I weighed more, and it will become tougher as I continue to lose weight.

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

@CRSunrise yes you can see your calories burned for the day on the app. If you have an HR tracker than it would be more accurate than using one that estimates. I don't know if that was the context on the BL, but it would make sense.

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @CRSunrise! Thanks for creating this thread. As @emili and @A_Lurker mentioned, I believe they're talking about meeting a "calories burned" goal. If you have any other questions, feel free to reach out!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I always thought it meant getting your daily workout in.

Best Answer
0 Votes