Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Maps on Fitbit [Blog]

Traveling to a new place can be daunting. Traffic can be crazy or you might not know how to get there. With turn-by-turn navigation, Google maps on your Fitbit Sense 2 and Versa 4 make life a little easier. Check out our latest blog for all the details.

When do you use Google Maps the most? When you want the fastest route to a familiar spot or when you need directions to a new restaurant?

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Mostly when I'm driving actually! It's a different experience and it's not for everyone I think, but I like the convenience of not having to set something up in the car (that don't have built in navigation) and it also feels very safe with alerts on my wrists instead of a constant screen competing for my attention. Having the watch high up on the steering wheel when I'm looking makes it secure and the instructions are so simple that I process the information really quickly.

It is very convenient when walking as well, but that is not when I use it the most.

Best Answer

I tried to use it several times. What annoyed me was that it doesn't display actual map (unlike WearOS version on Pixel Watch), it doesn't store map in the recorded activity (if I use navigation why not to send the waypoints to Fitbit?), it doesn't allow to display directions during activity being already tracked. Pausing navigation splits activity (why?). No sound cues (how am I supposed to feel vibration when watch isn't even on my wrist for safety reasons?). I can't start navigation from the watch. Why I can't see list of my stored places and just tap Home, Work but instead I have to still use the phone? Feature designed only to push something out the door and add a bullet point to the marketing materials 🤷‍

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was just using this feature last weekend! I was driving alone in a strange city. Having turn-by-turn directions on my wrist was the next best thing to having a human navigator. I live in a small town, so I wouldn't ever need Google Maps for driving around close to home. It certainly is useful when I travel though. 

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA
Pixel Watch 2, Inspire 3, Sense | Android

Best Answer

Nice...Just having it and being comfortable

Best Answer
0 Votes

It worked pretty good on my wrist while bike riding. Not as good as having a map on the handlebars, mind you, but a little buzz on the wrist before an upcoming turn, and a glance to see which way the arrow is pointed is a nice help.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer