Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has Anyone Run A Marathon Wearing Their Fitbit?

I'm considering running the Chicago Marathon in 2018.  I've run it twice previously but the last time was twelve years ago and I did it without any gadgetry.  My long run these days is only 5-6 miles and it works well for those runs.  I normally carry my phone in my pocket for music and use the Fitbit App to start the exercise so I can get my split times in my ear buds.

I'm wondering about any challenges anyone may have faced taking it for a full 26.2.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

most trackers fully charged last at minimum four days. So you should be OK.

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:

I'm considering running the Chicago Marathon in 2018.  I've run it twice previously but the last time was twelve years ago and I did it without any gadgetry.  My long run these days is only 5-6 miles and it works well for those runs.  I normally carry my phone in my pocket for music and use the Fitbit App to start the exercise so I can get my split times in my ear buds.

I'm wondering about any challenges anyone may have faced taking it for a full 26.2.  

It depends upon which Fitbit tracker you plan on using and whether or not you plan on using GPS.

FWIW, I have a new Ionic and recently logged 32.1 GPS tracked miles which consumed 5:40:35 of GPS time over a single charge which lasted 67 hours.  I'm thinking even a 6-hour marathon competitor will easily be able to use an Ionic for the full event.

Here is a post with the full details:

Best Answer
0 Votes