Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart Rate information

ANSWERED

Hey, I'm a female who is 6 foot 1 and I have a BMI of 16.8 (i'm aware this is low). I have been having a resting heart rate of 70-90 and I stood up yesterday and my heart rate increased to 147 and I felt very dizzy. I just walked up the stairs after getting a drink and my heart rate was 140. Is the fitbit heart rate somewhat accurate before I consult a doctor?

Thanks,

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @Cereuselle! Fitbit has definitely been improving their algorithms, but if you're worried, the good ol' fashioned fingers to the pulse would probably be your better bet for checking for elevated heart rate. Like all technology, Fitbit isn't perfect.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hi, @Cereuselle! Fitbit has definitely been improving their algorithms, but if you're worried, the good ol' fashioned fingers to the pulse would probably be your better bet for checking for elevated heart rate. Like all technology, Fitbit isn't perfect.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer

@Cereuselle Welcome to our Fitbit Community. I'd like to share this help article, which explains how you can get more accurate heart rate readings from your Fitbit device.

Thank you so much for the information, @MakMak.

See you guys around.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes