Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I didn't think they would, but...

...the sit-ups really are reducing my belly flab!

I got the hubby to take a front and side photo of my belly at the end of July and again just now and there is a noticeable improvement already.  I think my thighs are finally starting to shrink too 'cos the trousers aren't so tight on my thighs any more.

I've still got a way to go before I get a flat belly, but it's nowhere near as big as I was thinking, I just need to reprogramme the part of my brain that's still telling me I need to lose like 7 or 8 inches when in reality it's more like half that much!

Amanda - a Fitbit Inspire user since 29th September 2019
Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Congrats @AmandaGeorge on your achievement. It wonderful to hear you are seeing results for your effort and feeling good about being you. Keep up the great work and don't forget to have fun.

Marci | Bellevue, WA
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much @MarciM - still got a long way to go, but I'm grateful for those "before" photo's now!

Best Answer
0 Votes

As @MarciM said, congratulations, @AmandaGeorge! There is nothing more satisfying than seeing the positive results when you put a lot of effort on your healthy lifestyle. I've also heard that doing sit-ups can burn a lot of belly fat.

I'm glad to hear that this worked for you and it's great to know that you are achieving your goals.

See you guys around! 😀

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you @JuanJoFitbit - I've stopped doing the sit-ups and planks now 'cos I'm pretty much down to the clothes size I wanna be - still working on my thighs though and doing squats most days which seem to be helping too... the nurse wants me to put on weight now though, so I'm eating at least 3,000 calories today (an all time record of 6,400 calories in one day last Wednesday lol) and rarely burning over 1,000.

My body has always found it incredibly difficult to put on weight, so I'm seriously struggling with that and don't wanna waste an appointment to a dietician at the hospital that would better be used by someone else.  I'm looking for healthy ways to put on weight without relying on dairy free spread like I'm currently doing!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow, that's awesome! What you are doing is inspiring since it's difficult to stick with something that needs to be taken seriously such a strong diet and routine of exercises.

Hope you keep achieving your goals and please stay safe.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you @JuanJoFitbit - it's just getting into a new routine then things happen naturally for me.  My trousers are a touch baggy around the waist, so hopefully I'll be down to UK size 10 (American size 6 or 8 - I can never remember if Americans are one or two sizes lower than the UK lol) within a couple of months which is the right size for my height but the scales that the nurse uses to weigh me at the surgery say I haven't put on any weight at all since September 2020 even though the scales I'm using at home say I've put on 6kg in that time lol

The squats are definitely helping my thighs 'cos these trousers were tight on my thighs a few months back, but they are a little looser on them now and I've been struggling with their size since I was a teen lol

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AmandaGeorge Doing squats is a great workout and help to tone thighs better than other exercises. I'm glad to hear that you are finding the proper exercises to reach your goal. Thank you so much for sharing your experiences.

Same as you, I always forget about the sizes between American people vs people from UK ha ha ha.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JuanJoFitbit I couldn't have even attempted them without my Inspire and this forum... it helps that I've got walls within easy reach and a door to support me if I lose my balance to give me extra confidence too.  I started off struggling to hit 100 squats a day, but I'm now doing 285 and pondering on pushing myself to 300 a day soon... just gotta take things really slowly and carefully until I've built up my confidence is all.  As soon as the weather warms up a bit more, I'm gonna go back to doing laps of the downstairs and our back yard for 15 minutes every other hour again too... that's a confidence and not wanting to lose any more weight thing now though, so I'm not rushing things  🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes