Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart Rate on Fitbit Blaze versus Treadmill Heart Rate

Just curious which do you believe is more accurate? While wearing my fitbit blaze on the treadmill...it never really matched the heart rate monitor on the machine.  I am wondering which one is more accurate b/c they were vastly different.

Also- the fitbit said  I only did 1.5 miles when it was well over 2.  How is that possible?  It won't let me edit it and correct it either.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Your steps will never be accurate on a treadmill. Your stride is different for one. Holding on to the bars will not count accurately either. Also you not covering an exact distance because you are not moving forward.

As for heart rate Two different technologies.  They wont ever match

Also some treadmill do not allow you to input the age, weight, height etc. Needs that for a better calorie  burn.

Some treadmills allow you to enter that information.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

The HR is more accurate on your tracker, but the mileage is more accurate on the treadmill. I will say that for the most part, if I happen to check my HR on the treadmill it is usually within 10 beats or so. Which I consider to be accurate. I would try a different treadmill if you can and see if you get different results.

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes