Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate thoughout day

ANSWERED

Hi all,

my reating heart rate is 61-64 usually so I’m happy with that but what I don’t understand is what your heart rate should be throughout the day.

I am on betablokkers at the moment awaiting testing however I am only having 40mg once a day.

today at work my HR read 55bpm that seems low for being awake, any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Your resting heart rate will be lower than when you are moving around. The lowest I’ve seen mine was about 48. Depending on what I’m doing it can range from the 40s to 80s and higher than that when exercising. The lower your RHR is, the healthier your heart is – usually. Athletes can be in the low 40s. It’s nothing to worry about.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Your resting heart rate will be lower than when you are moving around. The lowest I’ve seen mine was about 48. Depending on what I’m doing it can range from the 40s to 80s and higher than that when exercising. The lower your RHR is, the healthier your heart is – usually. Athletes can be in the low 40s. It’s nothing to worry about.

Best Answer

@BcouttsWe are all built differently and like @SunsetRunner I have a RHR of 52 and my sleeping HR can average 49, normally 53bpm.. but can get down to 38.. My medical checkups are normal.. Even cardiologist..

In this link the Mayo clinic give a good explanation..   While I'm typing this post my HR is 57

You will feel more comfortable about this when you get your results because the medicine your prescribed does slow the heart rate..and in turn lower blood pressure.  I'm pre-hypertensive and on an Ace Inhibitor. 

@Bcoutts wrote:

Hi all,

my reating heart rate is 61-64 usually so I’m happy with that but what I don’t understand is what your heart rate should be throughout the day.

I am on betablokkers at the moment awaiting testing however I am only having 40mg once a day.

today at work my HR read 55bpm that seems low for being awake, any ideas?

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am 48 and my RHR is 56. It used to be 42 when I was on beta blockers that were in my meds to control high blood pressure. Since coming off them over a year ago, I leveled out at 56 unless it is really humid, I am sick or drinking.. I think yours is fine, but I agree with Colin, you will know for sure once your doctor gives you the all clear. 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer