Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this heart rate normal or is my charge 3 wrong/broken?

ANSWERED

I went for my first run with my charge 3 and had a look at the heart rate afterwards and started to wonder if this is normal.

It was a 3km run, then a 1-2min pause before I ran back.

First run

Return

-Haukeland

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Haukeland wrote:

Well, it says I'm at 97% of my max heart rate for most of the run, so yeah.

I see.  It wasn't obvious to me that line at 197 represented max heart rate.

I suppose it depends on how hard you were running, if it felt like you were going all out and gasping for breath most of the time.  That ls a long time to be right up near your max, but that fitbit calculated max heart rate of 220 minus age is just an approximation and can vary among individuals.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

I don't see anything that looks particularly strange.  Is there some reason you question it?

The return was a bit faster and you were warmed up, and your heart rate got up to its upper level sooner.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Haukeland wrote:

I see.  It wasn't obvious to me that line at 197 represented max heart rate.

I suppose it depends on how hard you were running, if it felt like you were going all out and gasping for breath most of the time.  That ls a long time to be right up near your max, but that fitbit calculated max heart rate of 220 minus age is just an approximation and can vary among individuals.

Best Answer