Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heartrate

4.5 years full on excerise not much weight loss , now i had everything tested , food is not the issue clean green, no sugar , low carb ,im having enough calories per day ,and have changed up my excerise every 6 months.  my resting heart is 44 ,i cant seem to stay in the peek zone for long or at all some days , im sweating but  i cant seem to get to the high zones

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @Mclaren77 I know how frustrating not seeing the results you expect, especially after evaluating food quality and calories, but there are more factors to consider:

• stress level
  • sleep (duration and quality of rest)
  • age + hormonal 

I wish I had a simple answer, but as humans we are unique and complex and unfortunately it takes time, and often trial and error to find your magic combination. 

Don't give up, you will find your sweet spot.

Marci | Bellevue, WA
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your words , love it , hopefully i will find my sweet spot 🤩

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

If your goal is to lose weight, things like resting HR, peak HR, sweating, the type of exercises you are doing etc. don’t play any major role. Creating a sustainable caloric deficit is what is needed (the factors mentioned by @MarciM can also have an impact). Do you want to lose weight for health reasons, or for aesthetic reasons? It’s "easier" to lose if when carrying a lot of extra  weight than when already in the normal weight range.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,
Yes ive been on calorie deficit for 4.5 years in between 1600 to 2000 calorie a day ,that all depends on what workouts i have done that day, clean green and no sugar and low carb ,i cant go any lower ,i also work 120 hrs a fortnight, so if i go lower i get dizzy ,i tryed it once ,that didnt help, ive tryed many of things , keto all that did was put my colesterol up ,have checked hormone levels to thyroid condition ,my doctor is actually out of ideas , ive also recently got hypothesized, im feeling fantastic at mo , a new lease on life again , so i normally workout twice a day, morning and night, i was doing crossfit 5 times aweek but i wasnt losing weight either so now all cardio
,i know im on a journey, ive got quite a bit to lose so it should be coming off ,but since getting hypothesized, i have lost centimeters this month ,so thats a positive ...yay
Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

I see your average step count is 17k per day, which means you’re (a lot) more active than most and is all the more impressive given the hours you’re putting at work. How many calories does your Fitbit says you’re burning per day in average? How does that compare with what you would get using this online calculator, using "high" as your activity level? Just to be sure: is 1600-2000 your caloric intake (as logged by you) or your caloric deficit (as reported by Fitbit)? I’d think the former, but it’s not 100% clear from your post. I’d definitely pay attention to stress (given the combination of high working hours and high activity) and sleep (you need more than average for proper recovery). Here is my personal stance on low carb diets: they are best suited for sedentary / not very active people. Someone working long hours and exercising a lot on top of that needs to fuel all that activity, and carbs are the best fuel.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes