Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help choosing a fitbit

Help me out! I'm totally confused!  I'm desperate to buy a fitbit - but don't have all the money in the world.

I want to walk more, and I want it to count steps, and tell me distance too.  I also run so I want it to work when i'm running too.

I often push a buggy, and wondering if that affects the count.  I would like to wear one on my wrist, as don't really like the idea of having it clipped to me.  But if it doesn't work when I have the buggy it seems pointless to have - so probably need one that I can put on myself if I've got the buggy and can wear.

Which one should I get? I'm so confused by the choice!

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

When i bought mine i googled quite a few sites and the Charge 2 was generally recognized as the best all around one.

I'm quite happy with it.

As for the buggy thing i don't know. Fitbit counts steps by the movement of the wrist it's strapped to.

Regardless, you always get the heart rate function and calorie counting so it's still worth having.

Best Answer
0 Votes

the fitbit one is perfect if you don't want the heart-rate thing or the automatic exercise wizard.  For counting steps walking or running, you just attach it to your waist or put it in your bra or your pocket and it counts beautifully.  Let me also mention that the ones worn on the wrist will not count your steps if your wrist is not moving, like pushing a grocery cart or a buggy.  You can put them in your pocket, of course, but why pay extra for the unnecessary heart-rate function?

Best Answer

to be honest if you are just looking for a pedometer I would go for the zip. It is a clip on, but it is the least expensive and is also the most accurate for step counting since its the only function it serves. The next model up is the One. If you are most concerned with steps- I would not pay for a wrist model. It does not count as accurate as a pedometer and you will pay for features that do not interest you.

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

I completely agree.  I have the One, but I am interested in sleep tracking, too.  If you're not, then go with the Zip.  It's a great little fitbit for counting steps.

Best Answer
0 Votes