Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to compare different training sessions?

ANSWERED

Dear all, 

I would like to compare different training sessions in particular i would like to have the heart beat rate of the selected sessions overlapped on the same plot. 

Is it this possible?

I'm doing every day a tapis roulant session, always with the same distance / speed scheme, so I would like to see if the heart rate is changing over time..

Thanks for your help,

Toto

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@toto76I use a third party App at this link to download my HR data. You can get it in /minute or /second.  I use the Single Day series and select minute or second and then the time period and date. It's instantaneous and you export the Excel. 

You only get the /second data if you have used Workout or another Exercise from the Fitbit.  Then you get typically a HR point every 2 seconds,,

Here is an example of 1 hours sleep sleep between 7am and 8am for the last week in 1 minute format..(Fitbit's default without using an Exercise shortcut or Auto-detected exercise).  It highlights the sudden changes in temperature here (Summer) and the affect on my HR.  My RHR is 52...

I haven't bothered to dress up the graph but it gives you a good idea what is possible.

Sleep hr 1 week 15feb19.jpg

@toto76 wrote:

it would still be ok. How do you export the raw data from Fitbit? 

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

I’m afraid you will have to collect data from each workout and do the overlapping in another software (Excel etc.).

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Best Answer
0 Votes

I must admit I haven’t looked into it, but I don’t think you can export workout data.

If your aim is to monitor your progress in terms of fitness, have you had a look at the Cardio Fitness Score computed by Fitbit?

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, I have seen the cardio fitness score, but I was looking for something
more specific for the training.

Thanks anyway,
Toto
Best Answer
0 Votes

You can't do that. Fitbit app isn't really addressed to users who are into stats. Partially, you can try to compare exercises that use GPS using mygpsfiles.com tool. For such activities, you can export TCX files which contain detailed workout data ( GPS, HR etc. ). For other actvities there is no way to do such comparison. Maybe if activities are exported to Strava, then you could compare them in there? I don't use Strava sync in Ionic watch but my other watch exports any recorded activity to Strava ( but also supports comparing them anyway in own app ). Depends really what you want to see and compare, what level of detail you expect.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@toto76I use a third party App at this link to download my HR data. You can get it in /minute or /second.  I use the Single Day series and select minute or second and then the time period and date. It's instantaneous and you export the Excel. 

You only get the /second data if you have used Workout or another Exercise from the Fitbit.  Then you get typically a HR point every 2 seconds,,

Here is an example of 1 hours sleep sleep between 7am and 8am for the last week in 1 minute format..(Fitbit's default without using an Exercise shortcut or Auto-detected exercise).  It highlights the sudden changes in temperature here (Summer) and the affect on my HR.  My RHR is 52...

I haven't bothered to dress up the graph but it gives you a good idea what is possible.

Sleep hr 1 week 15feb19.jpg

@toto76 wrote:

Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

Excellent this is what I was looking for! 

Thanks

Best Answer

@toto76 Glad I could contribute.. Others are wary of the third party apps but this one was developed because of the difficulty of using Fitbit's new json file export. 

I have had no issues and like how qiuck it is.. 

@toto76 wrote:

Excellent this is what I was looking for! 

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Colinm39 this is actually a very useful thing. Pity, the users have to step in where Fitbit lacks. Such features should be available out of the box 🙂 For better comparison, later I'll make quick csv2tcx conversion script so then I could drop the HR data from workouts that don't support GPS into mygpsfiles tool and compare it against other devices, too. Personally, I don't track my HR outside the workouts area and it was always bugging me why it is not possible to export TCX data with all workout details for non-GPS based exercises ( it exports almost empty file, no data in ). It would be so simple to use anywhere ( there are plenty of tools that do anything with TCX, GPX and other files ).

Best Answer