Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get toned?

I am trying to get more toned, but need some tips on workouts and eating habits! I am not necessarily trying to lose weight but instead gain muscle. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

My favorite workout is a PBS program called "Classical Stretch". In my area, it comes on at zero-dark-thirty in the morning, so I DVR it for later use. It's a workout that uses the best of Tai Chi, yoga, ballet, and isometrics -- very elegant.  The hostess, Miranda Esmonde-White, is over 60 (doesn't look it), and has developed this program to work every muscle in your body.  I've been doing her workouts almost every day for the past 7 months and for the first time since my teenage years in ballet class, I actually am getting my body into a good shape.  Some of her workouts are aerobic, but they are low-impact.  To finish off after her workout, I often get down on the floor and do some sit-ups. (Her workouts will occasionally get us down on the floor doing those, but I add them on the days where she doesn't.)  

Donna 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I find his advice to be easy to understand and helpful. He is not for everyone, but I have learned some stuff...

http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/category/general-weight-training/

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

To be toned, I think you need to use weights - either your body as a weight or other types.  I work on a body part every day, legs, arms, core, full body and back to legs. I just youtube. To change it up, I'll do HIIT or zumba.  I also run daily.  I'm way out of shape but so much more in shape than 5 months ago.  I also follow DASH diet.  Good luck!

Best Answer

I am actually working on the same, trying to get toned while maintaining my weight. I do yoga (using own body weight for strength training). It has become a bit of a roller coaster on the Aria scale the further I am in now, but it gives me a focus and purpose to do things.

Karolien | The Netherlands

Best Answer

Try a cross fit class or work with a trainer at the local gym

Best Answer
0 Votes