Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use my Charge HR properly in the gym?

So I joined the gym last week and I now have a new fitness regime involving alot of weight lifting and some cardio.

Now I know that my cardio will be picked up well in the gym.

But what about weights? No weight training got recorded unfortunately.

Hows best to record it? Shall I manually record through the device itself then categorize it or should I manually input it. I wouldnt might my HR to be logged when I do this.

During rests between reps, do you think I should stop and start? Does it have a time limit on what viable to  record?

Sorry about all the questions, this is a new venture for me and my fitbit 🙂

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

For weight lifting, you will need to manually start it at the beginning of the workout and stop it at the end (not each set. Afterwards, you can then edit the activity from the activity list and change it to weights. Heart rate monitors aren't designed to accurately count weight lifting as the heart rate range and algorithm is based on cardio. When I've compare my charge HR calories estimated for weight lifting to MET estimates it's low but it isn't that far off.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, I will try that out tonight 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I work out in the gym, I do many different things, often returning to previous activities - I might start on a treadmill, move to the weights, go to the eliptical, and end with the treadmill.  In order to track my activity, I press & hold the button to manually start exercise logging when I come out of the locker room and let it track the activity until I return to the locker room and end the exercise logging.  That way, even when I am not getting steps in, it is tracking the heart rate activity and calories burned.

Best Answer
0 Votes