Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need some advice

ANSWERED

So, this is random but can anyone recommend a good deodorant? I have been using my fitbit more and I've been sweating a lot. Are there any good deodorants out there? It seems like I have tried everything. I'm to the point where I don't even care if it is an antiperspirant or not, I just don't want to stink. I'm allergic to the clinical strength stuff. Honestly, anything that has worked so far, I have been allergic to. Any advice?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Deodorant, eh? Surely there are some hypo-allergenic sticks out there. 

I'll be candid and honest - they all give me a rash when I apply to the armpit - so I don't apply it there - I place a stroke down my back (as best a can) and on my traps. That'll have to do. If I stink, so be it. No complaints yet, but hey, I'm a big scary looking fellow. People might know better. 

Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

I remember many years ago reading that zinc was good for body odor. Let me do some internet research......

Here's an article I found from Livestrong: http://www.livestrong.com/article/537210-zinc-dosage-and-body-odor/ I guess I didn't imagine it. 🙂 Here's what the link says about dosage:

"Zinc Dosage & Sources for Adults

The body does not require large amounts of zinc. The University of Maryland Medical Center report 8 to 11 milligrams of zinc is the recommended daily allowance for adults. Taking a multivitamin supplement or eating a healthy diet will provide sufficient amounts of zinc. Rich food sources of zinc include beef shanks, oysters, crab, lobster and chicken legs."

I hope that helps.

Best Answer

Deodorant, eh? Surely there are some hypo-allergenic sticks out there. 

I'll be candid and honest - they all give me a rash when I apply to the armpit - so I don't apply it there - I place a stroke down my back (as best a can) and on my traps. That'll have to do. If I stink, so be it. No complaints yet, but hey, I'm a big scary looking fellow. People might know better. 

Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese
Best Answer
0 Votes

I use Dry Idea (https://dryidea.com/). I use the unscented, which is Hypoallergenic. I don't think i smell when i use it lol....hope that helps.Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I like Dove For Men deodorant/antipersperant.  It's very non-irritating.  Deodorant/antipersperant is so different from one individual to the next, it's hard to advise on.  I had to try about a dozen different brands before I found one that not only kept me from stinking but sweating as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can use old spice, burst bee's, dove for men. Also you can use deodorant stick.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sweat derived from physical exertion is sterile and has no odor.  What causes the odor is the bacteria on your skin or workout clothing.  The sweat that does smell comes from emotional sweat or stress, it is excreted from different glands .  Mercks' manual suggets using a 20% solution of aluminum chloride hexahydrate in absolute ethyl alcohol, applied at night to a dried auxilla, palms or soles and covered tightly with a thin plolyethylene film.  In the morning remove the polyethylene film and wash the area free of salt.  2 applications usually is effective for 1 week.  If nothing seem to work you might want to see a Dermatologist if it is really a problem for you

Best Answer
0 Votes