Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas for first steps to get fit?

I am new here on Fitbit....Please, can somebody direct me on how to start my fitness?

Moderator edit:  updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

You could start by just wearing your Fitbit (without changing your existing routines), so as to establish your current baseline in terms of activity, fitness etc. Good indicators of your activity level are things like step count, calories burned, active minutes; for fitness, you can use resting heart rate, cardio fitness score (if supported by your model). You can compare your numbers to the goal set by Fitbit (if applicable), and/or to the numbers of other people similar to you. Once you have a baseline, you can start tweaking things, introducing new activities, increasing your activity level etc., depending on what you need/want to achieve (there is no universal definition of "fitness").

Do you have a military background (asking based on your profile photo)? If so, you must have some kind of idea of what it takes to get or stay in shape...

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@Dominique  sadly that is not actually who that is... 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

Sorry I don't get what you mean by that word?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, I know what it takes to stay in share. I am talking about the Fitbit app...

Best Answer
0 Votes

what is your goal?
Wearing ya fitbit only makes you look pretty and smart. a broken one works just fine too for that. hehehehe

Best Answer
0 Votes