Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Need of a Gym Routine

ANSWERED

I'm fairly new to the gym. Having only been a member for about two weeks now.

During this time I had a friend, who is in awsome shape and lives ion the gym, guiding me through workouts before she left to move across the country.

Needless to say, I did not get a chance to try everything in the gym before she left.

So now im in need of an app or something that will give me daily/weekly routines.

Any suggestions?

Patrice Webster
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I can highly recommend Strong Curves- there is a book (kindle and paper version) but you can also find the workouts in pdf form for free to check it out (but I honestly recommend the book so much because there are so many additional exercises and clear photos). The author is a guy named Bret Contreras. His focus is on heavy weight lifting for women- there's a lot of focus on the glutes and legs, but it's a whole body workout. I LOVE his workout routine. In a few weeks, I see such a difference in toning my whole body. And as I get stronger, there are more challenging exercises in the book so I can keep going. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

I use bodybuilding dot com. It has a lot of workouts and some nice apps. Good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can highly recommend Strong Curves- there is a book (kindle and paper version) but you can also find the workouts in pdf form for free to check it out (but I honestly recommend the book so much because there are so many additional exercises and clear photos). The author is a guy named Bret Contreras. His focus is on heavy weight lifting for women- there's a lot of focus on the glutes and legs, but it's a whole body workout. I LOVE his workout routine. In a few weeks, I see such a difference in toning my whole body. And as I get stronger, there are more challenging exercises in the book so I can keep going. 

Best Answer

I'm also a fan of The New Rules of Lifting for Women.  I've done the full cycle once, partial cycles from time to time, and in the new year plan to get things in place to do it again.  I feel, well, strong when I'm lifting heavier.

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

If you are looking for a good ab workout you can try the app, 30 day ab challenge. It's pretty good. I also you an app called sworkit abs and core, it's another good ab app to try out. I use both apps everyday and don't have any complaints about them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I loved this routine before I got into Strong Curves. It's less glute focused, so if you're looking for more all around strength, it's a great option too. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thany you. After you recomended this book i purchased it from apple. Im currently reading it.

Patrice Webster
Best Answer