Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insoles a question (Revised)

I have upped my walking a lot since acquiring my Fitbit and starting my diet, I have proper walking shoes but have noticed the heels, ie the whole of the heel that takes my weight, are aching not terribly but I am hoping to head off real problems.

The shoes are not new probably about 15 months old so I have bought new insoles for them, just generic ones and finally the question .

Do I leave in the insoles that came with the shoes and place the new ones on top or remove them and just have the new insole in?

I apologise if this is a real numpty question. 

Please ignore the original question, I have just removed the original insoles and they are both flat and worn, the shape of them would not allow the new insoles on top.

HOWEVER I have another question, can the pattern of wear on the insole tell me something about the way

I walk?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

The wear pattern on the sole of your shoes would be a better indicator than the wear of your insoles.

I'd recommend going to a fitness store (somewhere that specializes in running/walking) and have a gait assessment done.  Most places will do this for free, and will let you know if you need to change the type of shoes you're wearing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your advice, I did look at the outside tread and it is right up the middle, but the old insole had an actual hole right under where the ball of my big toe would be.

Very puzzling

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would take both things to a specialty store and have them assess how you land on your feet. But not foot locker of sport authority- those places have no idea. you want to find a specialty store where the folks who work there know what they are talking about and more than like athletes themselves. good luck!

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer