Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kudos to all of you high steppers!

Kudos to anyone that can (legitimately) maintain this for extended periods. You definitely have my respect lol. I was trying to finish out a Workweek Hustle this past week and I wound up with a 51k day on Friday to end it.

51k.pngFitBit auto-logged 2 separate walks during this time period.

Walk 1.pngWalk 2.png

I've calibrated my stride length to 30" which means it takes me 2112 steps for a mile.

So.....

Walk 1, 6.77 Miles - average 2.49 MPH

Walk 2,10.39 Miles - average 2.62 MPH

17.17 total miles, 6.69 hrs - average 2.57 MPH.

One day I would like to earn that magical 100k badge BUT 100,000 / 2112 = 47.35 miles / 2.57 = 18.42 hrs LOL. Might not happen in this lifetime...

Keep Steppin everyone!

Oh, and I did win the workweek hustle 😉

Keep Steppin!
Sal
Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @GSaldiveri Kudos to you for you high stepping. How'd you feel the day after? I've seen several posted about if this is possible, so I know there are folks interested to hear/read more about your experience. 

Marci | Bellevue, WA
Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarciM- It's possible lol, I've gone over the 50k mark 4x so far. It's not something I can do on a regular basis, it's difficult. As far as how I felt the day after, I was a little sore but walking through it helps - so does Motrin lol.

Here's my step log Year To Date:

Untitled.png

Keep Steppin!

Keep Steppin!
Sal
Best Answer

That's amazing!  My highest day was 45K, only did it once last August).  I'd love to hit 50K this year sometime, but it takes some planning ahead of time to do it.  

Love all your high steps!  Keep it up!

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer
0 Votes

lol, I find that they actually just sneak up on me. I work retail and am on my feet about 9 hours a day then get home and get on the elliptical and/or walk for a few hours with my wife.

We have a lot of fun with the Workweek and daily challenges as well. It helps to have 9 other people pushing you to get goals 😉

You can hit the 50k mark, you will need about 8-10 hours to set aside for it though.

Keep Steppin!
Sal
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the advantage of being retired, so finding time is not much of a problem. About 7-8 hours of real moving (walking, less if you run but harder) -- break it up how you like. I get north of 50k only one or two times a month (rarely south of 20). But with practice (over 150 times in the last 4 years) and time permitting, 50k is not difficult - just a long days work. And, a lot easier if you enjoy it rather than think of it as a daunting task.

Best Answer

@GSaldiveri... that is truly incredible. there are days when I am almost at 30K for the day and I feel like a queen. I couldn't imagine hitting 50K. I am pretty sure my feet will fall off or give me a strong talking to - to never do it again 🙂

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer