Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging Activities - am i double dipping?

Hi.  When I do a spin class, obviously my heartrate is being monitored by my fitbit.  Do i just rely on those "calories burned" or do i also log that i did a spin class, the duration, & mileage on the fit bit app and take those calories in to account also?  Just don't want to credit myself more than i deserve.

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Which tracker are you using?  The Charge 2 has a "Spinning" exercise.  You could just start/stop the activity on your fitbit and then not manually log it.

Related:  You will not double dip, the manually entered activity will override any data that was tracked.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You do not log things twice. You are double dipping. Use one way or the other.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

what is the activity that it captures for you now? You can edit that activity and call it spin, but I wouldn't add another one.

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the charge HR.  So when i do an interval or spin class, the fitbit logs calories burned.  so i'm assuming i just rely on whatever my fitbit says for those exercises?  my concern was the days i do weight training - since your heart rate isn't up like when you do cardio, should i log on the fitbit app that i did weight training and the duration?  in order to receive "credit" for that day?

Best Answer
0 Votes

So when i do an interval or spin class, the fitbit logs calories burned and think it just says cardio - so i'm assuming i just rely on whatever my fitbit says for those exercises?  my concern was the days i do weight training - since your heart rate isn't up like when you do cardio, should i log on the fitbit app that i did weight training and the duration?  in order to receive "credit" for that day?

Best Answer
0 Votes